hey you know all that shit i said about macs?

Gouf

That shit I've been slinging about macs for the previous 9 years? Still holds true. Fine machines, just overpriced and underpowered.

Got me a little netbook and a self-build beast dual-booting xp and linux. Both combined for 600 cheaper than a 15" macbook pro with less power and less convenience. No shit components, because I build myself and don't let Dell and the like fuck me over.

No hate for macs in general, but I've yet to heard a good argument for people outside music production/graphics using macs besides fanboyism. Sorry, just calling it like I sees it.

Use a Mac for 3 months.

macs are brilliant cause they just work lololol bai a mac. i wan you to bai a mac.

things you can do on a macbewk:

facebook

blog

myspace

starbucks without social suicide

oh you can game on a mac if you want.

flash gamessssss are soooooo kawaiiiii

vista runs pretty well on the mbp
running XP on my mac works smoother than a brand new PC ever did. I'm not even running a particularly updated version either - just XP Home edition, SP2 probably 2002 release or so. Very stable and graphics for all games I run on it look great.

Macs and PCs are basically identical hardware-wise, if you got a PC with the same spec you'd get the same result.

why is everyone saying that music professionals use macs? record studios use software that exists both for windows and macos.

proof: http://www.digidesign.com/

The Mac is the de facto system within the design industries too. Fair enough they were far more stable/powerful way back when but now there isn't any difference except the OS.

Funny Apple went straight for the Nehelem Xeons for the new Mac Pros, might as well get i7 and then overclock (which they do very well).

i would describe it like this. everything is alot more chill. I think less about what my computer is doing and more about what I want to do with it.

thats it, no point in justifying anymore than that.

Does apples advertising and gimmicky sponsoring push a hot nearly foul smelling air of conceit where ever it pops up? sure does.

but seeing as how PC users are still the majority of consumers, I dont really feel like a sheep.. just a guy with a better computer.

Honestly, that's the truth right there. I personally own a MacBook, and yes, do like it more than a PC. Do I hate everyone who uses a PC and think I'm better than them? Hell no.. But there are thousands of douchebags who make it seem like whoever owns a Mac thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I actually plan on building my own PC here pretty soon to use at home since it's so much cheaper and if maintained properly, just as reliable as my MacBook.

The main difference for me is like what Gouf said, I spend more time using my computer to do stuff rather than worrying about the next time I have to run an anti-virus or upgrade my hardware.. You hardly have to do ANYTHING at ALL to keep a Mac running smoothly. While on the other hand for a PC, you really have to be up-to-date with viruses/spyware. Also, sSearching for new programs to install, new widgets that I might find useful, and even tips and tricks about OSX is one of the main things I do now on the computer. It's because once you own one and see how well [in most cases, not saying you wont have any problems] it runs and how easy it is to use, you just want to find all possible things you can actually do with it.

In the end though, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Nobody is forcing you to use either of them, so why care so much about what someone else uses.. Sheesh.