supernerds: MTG discussion, vintage type two legacy you name it.

sawn-off chef

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as have i money tuff, it's near impossible. And landho thats amazing, so much respect for you, definitely would love a celebrity to attend the mtg meet up hahaha. but thats seriously an impressive track record, really excited for the movie no matter how nerdy that is.

Ha, thank you, Scott.

I've played in a few Finkel drafts since I've moved to the city, so my Shards game is actually decent.

I have high hopes for our film; my friend and I are basically devoting the next two years of our life to making it, and I think the end result will be really good. More than just about Magic, it's about obsession, dreams, friendships, rivalry, and desire. We have multiple threads that we're tracking, but you'll be happy to know that we already got extensive interviews (and plan on getting even more) with Richard Garfield, Mark Rosewater, Mike Long, David Williams, Jon Finkel, Ben Rubin, and Patrick Chapin. Chapin and Rubin are actually two of the players we're scheduled to track next year.

Interviewed Nassif in Kansas City and will be following him around during the course of the year. He's awesome. I roomed with him in Indianapolis.

At the meetup, we should play sealed deck. That way, everyone will be on somewhat equal footing and there are lots of permutations possible—we could swap decks, etc.

At the meetup, we should play sealed deck. That way, everyone will be on somewhat equal footing and there are lots of permutations possible—we could swap decks, etc.

I agree.

Sealed will be most fair I think.

Also I sold off some of my cards at a Prerelease event, I made 1.6k off my extra power and then the next time another few hundred off Drains and duals.

Also had my binder jacked once. But then a few months later the kid tried to trade with me at a tournament and I was like.....that's my shit, with my name on it. And I got most of it back + he gave me shit to shut me up.

well as of now i think i'm gonna have all of sufu mtg nerds at my house and we'll do something with the basement i dunno, shuttling people and such.

I don't know when you're planning this, but a couple of my friends are opening a store and gaming space on 38th Street at some point in the semi-near future. One of them was one of the original founders of Neutral Ground. So maybe that would be a good location to meet up.

Neutral Ground closed down this past December, but it was under different management. From what I hear from my friends, the prices were exorbitant and the service unspectacular, so they generally took their business elsewhere.

I am not sure when the store is opening, but I imagine that it will be open sometime this summer. I may be able to bring a friend or two.

As of now, some of my friends draft three or four nights a week, several drafts each time. They call it "the fever," and some of them have it bad. Usually, though, it's just a friendly draft among friends.

Neutral Ground sucked so much. Everything was ridiculously priced, even for NY (I'm talking like $5 water bottles and stuff). And they were nazis with backpacks and shit, which is kinda good but it was way over the top. Also once I tried to sell them shit (like an Ancestral and a Time Walk or something) and they offered me like $150 for them.

Meetup sounds good wherever. New york would be sick because I'm going to have some shopping to do there this summer anyway, so those would coincide well. I'm down for sealed, maybe a draft or two as well? Imo draft is a more fun limited format. But I'm down for whatever. I'll probably be able to bring down a type 2 and maybe extended deck to screw around with, depending on what my friend will let me borrow.

I had a binder with 4 WoG, 4 Stomping Ground, and 4's of other popular cards at the time (GIant solifuge and I'm forgetting the rest) stolen at an FNM one night, sucked. The store was mad chill about it too, I'm friends with most of the employees and they made everyone either submit to a backpack check or leave and never come back, serious shit. but it didn't turn up. oh well, not the worst I've had stolen, sigh.

I haven't played this since middle school. Had a mono black Life Drain(?) deck. It originally was a Corrupt/Type II deck but the Onslaught saga phased out when I finally finished my deck so I quit... I still have my cards buried somewhere in my closet.

Have you guys heard of Apprentice?

my friend and i played last night, 4 games of type one, i played my dredge, he played dragon for 2 and food chain for another two, i had turn one leyline against him every game hahaha it was bad. then against food chain i darkblasted all his goblins slowly and to top it off destroyed his one mountain with my angel, he had bad hands with his goblin deck but i still fucked him up hahah.