Investor(s) needed: taco stand (baller status potential)

dismalfuture

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah, the secret to his success is that almost every worker there was an illegal immigrant (mexican). he rents out a house or apartment for them like two blacks away, overworks them, and pays them shit.

this is the model for many a successful business

Dismal, I actually have a friend who started something like this in HS, but rather than a stand, he had a van - portability. He'd go down to the strip in the next town over (more metropolitan, but that's not saying much) every Wed-Saturday from about 10pm-3am, selling foot longs/tacos/various other fast-food type-ish, and ALL of the drunk college kids/yuppies would hit up the truck. He probably pulled in between $1-2k on a good weekend, and his only real expenses were a permit to sell (which is NOT hard to obtain and is not expensive, just needs to be renewed/made available to the public), gas, and all the food/accouterments that you need to satiate drunk munchies.

If you can wrangle something like this and keep the personnel to a minimum (maybe you and one other person), you can probably turn similar figures if the crowds are good and you have no real competition.

Say goodbye to your weekends/social life though.

(pos rep) Investor(s) needed: ... 02-12-09 02:53 AM KyleFall i cannot give you financial support, but i will support you emotionally.

(grey rep) Investor(s) needed: ... 02-12-09 02:51 AM longrun do it

(neg rep) Investor(s) needed: ... 02-12-09 02:06 AM Fycus customer is always right

I feel all tingly in the my balls, now that Kyle is supporting my taco dreams emotionally. thanks, means a lot brah.

Servo, did not receive PM brah.

jeepster, same idea, cept all the people here are overgrown drunk college kids, who stay drunk most of the day, everyday. That $1-2K per weekend is my $1-2K per day.

I'm talking to my roommate when she wakes up about starting up a new jawn together.

jeepster, same idea, cept all the people here are overgrown drunk college kids, who stay drunk most of the day, everyday. That $1-2K per weekend is my $1-2K per day.

I'm talking to my roommate when she wakes up about starting up a new jawn together.

Well, I dunno the rates you're gonna have these things going for, but what you wanna do is price everything accordingly - keep in mind drunk people are gullible but also fickle, too much and they'll pass, too little and they'll doubt your integrity (even if they are drunk).

You have my sword.

i eat at a taco stand every day when i get out of class. its a bus that doesnt have wheels and is attached to a 15X15 covered patio. Its called El Patio. owner shares a '02 nissan skyline with his son, who goes to the best private school in town. the stand is about half a mile from campus and he runs it with his wife and son. place is legit, hes making decent coin there too.

the taco stand is the social life

the party comes to the tacos

This is true. In fact, if you are winq, you can go across the alley and use the bathroom at the bar, and get your dick sucked while you're there too. (0) This is hard work, guys.

Who needs a social life or parties anyway, when you got tacos, and decent looking girls coming to look for you all day and night?

Servo, my bad brah, pm replied now brah.

Well I used to do graphic design for a living, but like fuck I'm gonna help you :P.

Don't think you'd want my help anyway.

Also, I think you need to sort out a certain other taco before getting this taco business up and running.

Just play lemonade tycoon for like three weeks straight, you'll get the hang of it no probs.

Tacos in Asia on a mass-market scale. Definitely an untapped segment that has potential.

Gotta pool some USC heads and bring Chano's concept to HK, a greasy ass joint you can hit up at 5 AM on a Saturday/Sunday "morning" after you are drunk and blown off your fuckin mind. Gonna make it smarter, hipper, cheaper and more in tune with the times, like a Pulp Fiction-esque pastiche of a food joint on the corner in Central, we are gonna knock Tsui Wah and Ebeneezer's out the fuckin frame.

are there taco joints in the city at all? you'll have to pardon my ignorance on the subject of mexican food in asian countries.

you obviously have a lot more insight into the tastes of people in the area than I do, but I find it hard to believe that any ethnicity of drunk could resist of some realass taco goodness.

this seems like it could be more than just a jumpoff of an operation, too. cultural phenom status, know what I'm saying? The stuff franchises are made of.

Tacos of Jawns?

Temple of Taco Jawns?

Jawco Tawco?

It don't matter. Bring the al pastor.

were you asking me or dismal?

there's "mexican" places here but the prices aren't very taco bell/random socal taco drive thru, and food quality is even worse

i imagine if that's the case with HK, take the scenario I just described and amp it up 5 fold for Seoul.

directed at dismal, but you basically answered it.

this seems like a good (or at least fun and realistic) idea, particularly if the initial investment is as low as it has been made out to be.

do it.

first superfuture® approved asian taco stand, how can it fail?

there's a goldmine of ideas already existing in the Western world that very surprisingly are obvious as fuck but nobody's budged to capitalize. Would require just minor tweaking for the local context and individual spin to differentiate itself, ideas generation is the easiest part. Appropriation --> Adjustment --> Cash out --> move on to next concept and repeat.

If things weren't as slow and I could gather a team of do-ers on the ground where I'm at, I'd get a few things up and running but the energy just isn't there. Acquiring capital not as hard as it may come across as, but again really it's the execution part that requires the largest mobilization and in general it's just sluggish as fuck.