levis nevada jeans (1880 replica)

davie

These are some of the best LVC replicas ever made, and they're distinctly better than the recent Ltd Edition reissues. They were made at a time when Leiv's were putting a lotmore effort into LVC, and they're also a replica of the single most interesting pair in the archives. If a standard repro made in the Valencia St factory is worth £115, £250 seems fair. I haven't seen any go for more than $500, personally, but I'd rather pay £250 for the Nevada jeans than a pair of 1937 replicas.

hey, thanks for the pics, looking good. real interesting fade on those

to post pics, you have to first upload them to www.imageshack.us

then, when posting a message in superfuture, click on the image icon (mountain landscape) and then copy and paste the "direct link to image" from imageshack in between the img brackets in your new message.

hope that helps

nairb49

Anti fit backside, straight leg, not too wide.

As long as your pair isn't sized too big they look fantastic. I had a pair of the deadstock version which, like the distressed version, is in natural indigo denim from Kurabo. My pair shrank less than expected and made me look like Coco the Clown.

I still can't see the pictures, but would like to.

I think they're WAY cool. THis is the pair that started all of this off - a replica of the earliest jeans that anyone has ever seen!

THey're also totally unique because they predate the 501. The back pocket is different, much more of workwear look, plus there's that pliers pocket on the left leg.

I was lucky enough to be at Levi's when they'd just bought the original pair for $45,000. It was freaky to look at these 130 year old jeans, antiques from the Victorian era, then to walk out on the street and see kids wearing much the same thing.

The repros are a damn good replica of the originals, too. Altho some ofthe wear looks freaky, that's how the $45k pair looked too.

Edited by Paul T on Jan 10, 2006 at 09:43 AM

Thanks for posting the pic. I think that it is great that levis still produces items for nostalgia's sake. I would like for them to hustle up and start producing some more 551zxx reproductions. BTW are those the jeans found in the mine and kept in some storage facility for some odd time?

Edited by rnrswitch on Jan 10, 2006 at 05:17 PM