Supreme 2009 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I read the interview with Jebbia, and he pretty much says he picked supreme because it sounds cool. Ok yeah it does, but where did that come from? Why is the logo a red square? I was taking an art history class a few years ago and what I saw made me relate the two right away. Knowing that Supreme has roots in art makes all the more sense too... so check it out

Malevich-Suprematism.jpg

This painting is by the Russian Suprematist painter, Malevich. The title of the work itself is called Suprematism.

So. Take the fundamental element from the painting (red rectangle) + name of the painting (Supreme being the basis) and then you have Supreme's logo.

logo design is a barbara kruger rip.

really not that much analysis necessary.

the warriors shirt went the way of the kings thermal? maybe the NHL is more sensitive to trademark protection than most entities

its not "that much analysis" its just seeing something and then making a connection. I mean people here analyze shirts and some designs original source way more than necessary so i dont see whats wrong with checking out the logo and name of the company that makes said shirts

i wasn't critizing. i applaud your cognitive abilities. i meant that there's not much analysis needed because the origin of the boxlogo is a pretty well-known fact. and more analysis of a t-shirt "than necessary" made me laugh.

^^ correct me if i'm wrong but the university stripe oxford looks like the "multi stripe shirt" from the preview (the oxford w/ vertical stripes). don't know about the senorita raglan though.

as it has been said, the chambray looks dope. and the white placket on the parka looks nice

edit: wasn't looking close enough, no clue what that university stripe oxford is

was going to go by/wait in line Friday morning, just found out my sister will be in town briefly that day and wants to get lunch.

I'm trying to get the Lou Reed shirt in M before it goes completely out of stock, if anyone here is planning to go first or second day and wasn't planning on getting a Reed shirt please consider getting one for me....

not beasting for it but will pay retail rounded up and buy you some lunch/coffee if you want to chill and talk about :

music

how much better things used to be X months/years ago( we can start with supreme and superfuture, then move on new york city and ___)

art

design

thanks

jacket / fit looks great

not feeling the logo on the pocket.......

yeah, that's the one thing that really kills an otherwise really well made piece. i tried to justify it by saying that northface puts their logo on every item of clothing, but it's different. makes kinda glad i picked up the mntn parka from Fall 08...