Anyone know of a good peacoat?

theory

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i dont know about all those buttons.

I'm digging the buttons. But eight will do. I plan to get a couple added to my H&M coat when I finally get it.

I like the Joe Jeans one, but even with being a knock off it's still above my budget...lol

Finally got my H&M coat on the weekend. It's warm enough for now, I'll be needing a sweater come late October though, and the quality of the stitching isn't the greatest... but for the price, it's definitely a great-looking coat, I've never seen a nicer one for under $400. It's also not quite as fitted as I'd like, I may get it tailored in the future. It's decent though, I'd recommend as something more than your basic surplus peacoat if you're on a limited budget.

Finally got my H&M coat on the weekend. It's warm enough for now, I'll be needing a sweater come late October though, and the quality of the stitching isn't the greatest... but for the price, it's definitely a great-looking coat, I've never seen a nicer one for under $400. It's also not quite as fitted as I'd like, I may get it tailored in the future. It's decent though, I'd recommend as something more than your basic surplus peacoat if you're on a limited budget.

I returned mine, because I simply had to make a new coat out of it to fit my needs. It was way too big and long for me.

I'm a tall guy, so the length works, but I do wish it was more fitted. Anyway, I've been searching forever to find an affordable peacoat I actually liked, so H&M's fits my needs pretty well.

That's the one... but did you remove some of the buttons? They've changed the epaulets this year as well, they now go through a loop instead of being simply attatched at the seam. They also got rid of the ridiculous loop at the back. Comes in dark grey and black, I got the grey.

They also have 3 other styles. A longer version in a brown/black sort of tweed/plaid-like pattern, a classic-styled "L.O.G.G"-label one in grey or black (very scratchy material), and another shorter one in navy/black, which I didn't really look at too much.

what size did they go down to and what size are you in other H&M jackets/hoodies? im curious if it will be slim enough for me(5'11 165pounds)

also, do you think these will sell out cause i might not be able to make it to H&M for a while...

Like Poly said, Zara and Uniqlo are definitely better quality than Uniqlo. I would say that what makes Zara a better choice in my opinion over Uniqlo is the details they choose to set the garments apart. Like they have a short wool M65 that is lined in a white/silver (lurex) material or how they choose to shape and finish their facings (piped or bound).

Both good quality for the price though, just offering my personal opinion on aesthetics. By the way Zara currently has a charcoal plaid peacoat, a waterproof one that comes in khaki and black, and an assortment of trenches.

^Yeah, Zara's good stuff, didn't quite have what I wanted though. We don't have Uniqlo here. I'll be keeping my eye out for nice stuff at Zara though.

what size did they go down to and what size are you in other H&M jackets/hoodies? im curious if it will be slim enough for me(5'11 165pounds)

also, do you think these will sell out cause i might not be able to make it to H&M for a while...

This is my first purchase from H&M because we just got our store, so I don't know what size I would normally wear. My guess is small, because that's what I wear for American Apparel. The smallest I saw was 36 for the style I got. The L.O.G.G. ones are S M L XL, etc.

I'm about the same height/build as you and it looks good on me, just wish it was slightly more fitted around the waist. If you have long arms you may want to go a size up if it's not too baggy, the sleeves are just the right length, or I could go a little longer to be extra comfortable...but I like pretty long sleeves. As it is they're right where they should be.

It will sell out, but they'll probably restock. I was there a few weeks ago and tried it on, couldn't purchase because their credit/debit wasn't working, then they sold out, but restocked last week. It's apparently a popular piece and it's still pretty early in the season, so even if they don't have any left in your size when you go, keep trying and you'll probably get one.

I may have missed this, but what is the price on the H&M Peacoat? Also, there is no H&M near me. Would a fellows Superfuturian be willing to pick one up for me? I would be happy to discuss proper reimbursement.

BLOODY hell ive been trying to get into H&Ms online store for freakin 2 weeks now and i still cant get in !!! i enabled the cookies thingy and it still says that i need to enable it . wth is wrong with it ??? do they still have the peacoat ? does anyone reckon the H&M one is better than the navy peacoat in topman ?

BLOODY hell ive been trying to get into H&Ms online store for freakin 2 weeks now and i still cant get in !!! i enabled the cookies thingy and it still says that i need to enable it . wth is wrong with it ??? do they still have the peacoat ? does anyone reckon the H&M one is better than the navy peacoat in topman ?

Is the H&M online store available for US users yet? If not, has anyone heard if that is a possibility anytime soon?