Anyone know of a good peacoat?

theory

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, check out H&M for a peacoat that looks almost identical to that Gucci one, and is £60.

Very slim fit, dark navy and is perfect in the arms (width and length) and overall length.

Why didn't I get one?

Well, I've got one from Topman from last year, £60, still an amazing coat, and they're doing them again this year. Again, great slim fit, slightly rougher feel to the material (looked on the label, and its something like 65% wool and then a mix of polyester and a tiny bit of viscose, but still alright).

J

yeah, i just got the H&M peacoat for like $75.

slim fitting, nice styling, in black.

Me to, me to!

Though Miz, are the pockets on yours (the outside pockets) stiched up? The one i tried on had pocket openings and then the one i bought had them sewed up. I can't get the pockets open, havent tried a seam ripper yet, but im wondering if they're supposed to stay closed. Seems like there is a pocket there to me. Weird.

Heres some pics of an Uppercut Peacoat that I bought for about 400 dollars the other week.

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00113-1.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

Been wearing it and its really nice and warm. Has a removable hood and a removable collar gait/strap thing that really seals it up. When everything is up, it feels like im wearing a scarf! Also it has some nice touches like nickel plated (i think) buttons and zippered pockets in the arm (big enough for a pack of cigarettes or a cell phone/mp3 player). My only gripe about it is that the buttons seem really really loose. I reinforced the ones that get buttoned up, but I think I should do the useless ones too.

Its basically exactly what I was looking for and then some. But 400 dolla is a lot of money to a poor student like me...

I really like that pea coat from rakuten! how difficult is it to get one of those shipped to the UK? Also, can someone tell me how much it is? I tried to figure it out and came up with £45 and that can't be quite right... cheers for any info!

max

i tried it on yesterday and i got all itchy from wearing it : (

good price tho, it was $129 right?

Yeah..got it when they first came out in the H&M store near me. Its very comfortable, but a little on the heavy side. I really like the fit. I believed is 100% wool.

i tried on a banana republic pea coat and it fits perfectly on me...but i dont know if the peacoat from BR is worth the $250 price tag

The one near me has them on sale now for $150. I tried it on yesterday and loved how soft it was compared to most other peacoats I've tried. I'm gonna dig up the 20% off coupon I have and go buy it. Feel/construction is way better than the H&M one for $129.

I just pulled the trigger on this jacket from Corpus. I'm waiting to try it on and see how it fits and feels in person (not to mention the color) before I decide whether or not to keep it. It should be here Thursday and I'm really excited.

http://www.activeendeavors.com/product.asp?deptid=3750&listtype=d&pfid=AED15538

I can't wait to see the paisley silk lining.

The one near me has them on sale now for $150. I tried it on yesterday and loved how soft it was compared to most other peacoats I've tried. I'm gonna dig up the 20% off coupon I have and go buy it. Feel/construction is way better than the H&M one for $129.

was it the wool or cotton peacoat??

I just pulled the trigger on this jacket from Corpus. I'm waiting to try it on and see how it fits and feels in person (not to mention the color) before I decide whether or not to keep it. It should be here Thursday and I'm really excited.

http://www.activeendeavors.com/product.asp?deptid=3750&listtype=d&pfid=AED15538

I can't wait to see the paisley silk lining.

Corpus coats are so fantastic. I bought this one last year, and am still pretty much in love with it:

corpuscoat.jpg