Nom De Guerre Selvedge Dry Denim

asfberg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yeah with the typo NDM/NDG...my bad :(

but yeah, they've strectched out a lot and it's actually bothering me a bit of how much they did they stretch, so I'm considering in couple weeks to do a quick soak in them because the waist area at least went up in 1-2 sizes, the thighs stretched alittle bit and thats about it. not just that, not sure if im not used to the different transitions of denim, but they have soften'd up from the intial wear.

i'll take pics when I do soak them and i'll do some before and after pics.

and yeah guys, dont worry, they'll strech...

• 4 weeks later...
from the pics, they seem to be a bit wide in the leg, are they more tapered than last seasons batch because I have a pair of one washed jeans from last year and they're pretty wide to me. in comparison to new standards atleast

they are about the same as new standards if not a bit less, way more tapered than last year's one wash batch...well, you're talking about the classic cut right?

they did have their "tapered skinny selvedge" jean last summer that was way more than these..

Just got a pair as well of the grey selvedge. The fit is somewhat tight, but I was also told they will stretch like most denim does. The color on the grey is fantastic and unlike any other grey denim I have seen. The jeans do feel pretty heavy as well.

I agree. I saw these at Blackbird last weekend and was really impressed. The color and quality are amazing!

Just picked these up from Stel's in Boston. Far exceeded my expectations. NDG's fit from previous season's disappointed me, but these are on point. My only disappointment is that this is the only color that was not in selvage, but the construction and feel of the denim is great. For reference, I'm 6' and a size 32. Sorry for the overuse of flash.

IMG_3232resized.jpg

IMG_3241resized.jpg

IMG_3235resized.jpg

IMG_3226editresized.jpg

sbw4224: those look great. This is one of those times that I wish I weren't so skinny. I'm nowhere close to being built for NDG jeans. :(

^ how much were they at blackbirds? just curious and seeing if I got a good price.

Light grey selvage is $304, raw blue selvage is $304, raw dark grey is $260.

great jeans. i know that they have two cuts now. is that the slim fit? is the ndg stuff at stels on sale? i have the classic fit from last season and they're really nice. although these motherfuckers are stubborn in the waist right now

there are actually 3 cuts. i was up there the other week.

classic cut. slim cut (which is the new dry selvedge), and there is the tapered selvedge zipper fly jean. all good quality, i like the new selvedge cut the best

This must be the slim fit, because the classic or regular fit are much too baggy on me. The only NDG stuff at stel's are the jeans and a few of the new tshirts, which by the way have improved a lot quality-wise. They aren't on sale.

those are the classic cut. i think thats what the tag said when i was there...it should say on the tag

No sale on NdG items at Stels. Nor at Blackbird, iirc. And not at Nom de Guerre

itself. May be a new policy (from NdG), a realization that the stuff sells out the door at retail (so why sell it for less), or a move due to the unseasonably warm temperatures throughout North America. I have no idea which, if any, of these explanations, is the right one.

itself. May be a new policy (from NdG), a realization that the stuff sells out the door at retail (so why sell it for less)

I think this basically hits it on the head. I also don't think they want thier other retailers to be competing with the NDG store itself.

they'll put it on sale eventually. guy said in a month or so....stuff is on sale downstairs now, bunch of completely random NDG stuff i don't even remember seeing out like turtle necks and a wrinkled suit

I think that wrinkled suit is cool. Poly, how much was that?

itself. May be a new policy (from NdG), a realization that the stuff sells out the door at retail (so why sell it for less), or a move due to the unseasonably warm temperatures throughout North America. I have no idea which, if any, of these explanations, is the right one.

not necessarily true. this will eventually happen. ndg always has a 50% sale on their shit. there will be pieces that won't sell and all these retailers will have to put them on sale eventually. this is how i got most of my ndg stuff.

suit was i think $350 but with 40% off, only pants in sz 30 though, don't remember what size the jackets were..

i'm starting to think me, ddhonggo, and goldengloves are the only 3 people who like this brand at present...looks like the haters moved on to ridiculous japanese brands that no one in america can really wear..