Nom De Guerre Selvedge Dry Denim

asfberg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was told 20oz.

and also i bought a pair, i'm pretty happy with them. it was not much more money for them than a pair of nudies, and these seemed a bit more special. they fit really nicely, i can't compare to apc, but compared to my 101bs they are about the same with a smaller leg opening.

Edited by alex_844 on Dec 30, 2005 at 04:42 AM

took a quick look although they didn't have my size

these aren't any more than 14 - 15oz denim by my estimate (compared to studio d'artisan sd-103), shop guy said last season's were heavier

slim cut, slightly tapered, nicely made, exposed rivets on back pockets, sanforized, nicer in general than apc but it's hard to say whether the price difference is worth it (they're definitely more "rarified" than apc's)

• 10 months later...

stopped by there on friday..

they have black what seemed like overdyed for $209, the bleached black $209 raw dry regular $220 i think one wash selvedge, left over from last year it looked like for $209 and the dry selvedge for this season $276 very fucking nice and very good fit....

there really isn't a better american brand out there as far as "street wear" and mix with nice clothes IMO.

Just got a pair of these with the dry selvedge, they fit pretty tight but the person at the store said it would expand a size up the more and more you wear it, the other worker there has been projecting on it for awhile and he said it should fit tight for the first couple wearings but will expand, so if you do get a pair get a size smaller than usual, and dont ever wash them. It is quite heavy though but it fits great right now and the quality is nice.

Just got a pair as well of the grey selvedge. The fit is somewhat tight, but I was also told they will stretch like most denim does. The color on the grey is fantastic and unlike any other grey denim I have seen. The jeans do feel pretty heavy as well.

I would also agree with Poly, the NDG is cranking out some quality stuff in terms of streetwear. Very hard to go in that store and come out with nothing... :)

Wow. This pair of denim is absolutely crazy. Right now they're fitting great from the intial wear, I've only had these pairs for a short bit now and the honeycombs/whiskers are coming out nicely. Only complaint about this pair is the weird smell that comes with it, it might just be the raw denim smell or because I stored it in my closet. I'll take pictures when I can because I don't currently own a camera.

Yeah I'm thinking the same that it would be grey cotton, but I am also not 100% sure, and I'll post more pics througout the months coming, these pair of jeans are absolutely great. Fitting, Cut, and Quality of denim is on spot. Kind of bummed though that I messed up on my 501xxs though. :-\ Probably gonna go make myself feel better and get a pair of APCs or something.

I don't have a measurement tape on hand and haven't had the opportunity to go look for it but I believe the lowest waist size the NDM's are 28? Well the store where I got my NDM's lowest size was 28 and they don't make in 29, only even (pretty sure it's 28 if my memory is correct). As for my sizing, my pair is a size 32, I typically wear a size 33 so for other denim I get 34 and rinse to 33 but the NDM's expand as you wear it, so best to get your size in 28 and then just wear it as it will expand a lot and will definetly go up to a size 29 in about a couple wearings but might be tight but this would be the safer route to go. Or you can get a size 32 and let it shrink to your waist which I wouldn't know what effect would happen since I rarely do that. As for the hems, since I don't have a measuring tape or anything to be precise, I would guestimate it to be 7.5" with a ruler...