Sugar Cane 40500N

john11f

Just called Celga.com and got myself these:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/356860/

I got a size 33 but normally wear a 34. I searched the forum and I think ringring mentioned that, although it shrinks true to tag size it could stretch more than an inch after washing/wearing.

I did this because people have been describing these jeans as a bit baggy in the butt. If I get it one size smaller, would it have a less baggier fit?

I could still change my mind. Anyone else who can recommend a better pair?

I think you've made a right choice. Personnaly I love the denim on this model, just not very fond of high-rise. The size 33 measures 35.1" in raw state. When you wash it, it will shrink around 2" in the waist (so says the site). I don't know how the sugar millet compares to cotton in shrinkage and stretching but, assuming they're similar, you'll end up, after stretching, with a size 34"... ok. If you go a size smaller, it will certainly be less baggy all over. I wonder, though, if the waist would be alright after shrinking, since it would go to 32" (maybe not that much if you wear them whilst damp) and then eventually stretch to 33" (or more? I don't know...)

Thanks Geowu!

Based on the RRDS, this will definitely be higher rise than my previous jeans (also have an APC English). My RRDS really hang low and I wear a 34 but always with a belt they are a bit loose. This is the trickiest part in online shopping since you can't try them first before ordering. Not to mention how hard to estimate shrinkage on selvedge.

I can't imagine how high rise these will be but it's the quality of the jeans that impressed me most. This is my first repro (although it is technically not really one) and I wouldn't know how it would fit. Although I really like how the 2 jeans mentioned above fit me. How I wish it will turn out well.

• 1 year later...

SC have 4 flagship models, SC40200N, SC40300N (Lee Repro), SC40400N (Hawaii & SC40500N (Edo Ai). These use 50% cotton 50% sugar cane millet and are dyed using 100% natural indigo and all cost Yen 31,290 and come with a drawstring bag and bandanna.

The most recent esoteric model is the SC x BEGIN limited edition collab (SC510A) costing the same amount featuring varying coloured natural indigo dyed weft threads (red, blue, green, yellow etc.) As Ringring has pointed out, the Hawaii's and Edo Ai's feature hand felled internal seams, turned inside out there are no fray material ends in sight - amazing that SC can really offer them for the price they do.

I believe the Okinawa and Edo Ai models costing about half as much use the same 50% cottom 50% sugar millet and then 50% of the warp threads are natural indigo and 50% synthetic. I may have got that wrong but I think that's right. :)