Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

Exactly. No reason openly offering your store design/layout/concept/brand selection to any db who walks in with a camera. Plus, prob be pretty annoying to have people/potential competitors snapping pics of every inch of your shop.
As everyone knows, in the fashion business there is a huge counterfeiting problem, so most store won't allow for pictures to be taken. There's also a few people that travel the world just taking pictures of clothes and then selling them on DVD's to garmental idiots who bite shit and can't dream up stuff on their own. I remember before you had digital cameras, you actually had to buy the garment before you could knock it off. In Hong Kong you can buy books and books of these pictures, all bootlegs with no publisher name in sight.

My apologies! I must be an innocent thinker at times. Didn't even think of bootlegs or knock offs. Good Point!

The stage were these jeans are at now is great. The subtle fading here and there and the shifting color depending on light. In one way this is my favorite period of wear, even though I'm looking forward to more contrasts post wash, it saddens me a little bit that they will never look this way again.

The spring is getting warmer and warmer here. I'm beginning to realize that I might have to wear other pants from time to time this summer...

Completely agree jayrock - it's also annoying cause as much as I try I can't figure out *how* to take pictures of these things to impart how they look.

Also it's 31 C (88 F) here in NY and I'm wearing these jeans, they are surprisingly cool for such heavy (well, in my experience at least) - this past weekend was one of the first where I actually felt like I couldn't wear them cause it was too hot.

it was over 90 degrees today and i wore the jeans all day digging in bedrock and compacted clay, swinging a pick ax. it was hot as hell in august but i loved every minute of it.

Well, I did something more on the complete opposite, I sat in one of the fountains on campus and invited dozens of people to soak their jeans in with flower petal filled water (mainly crab apples but quite a few maple and oak tassles too. But Klue is right it was balls hot today. I air dried quite quickly and i only soaked them up to my knees.

The stage were these jeans are at now is great. The subtle fading here and there and the shifting color depending on light. In one way this is my favorite period of wear, even though I'm looking forward to more contrasts post wash, it saddens me a little bit that they will never look this way again.

i agree very much with you on this but i think it is important that we remember that a lot of the beauty of the indigo fading is in the impermenance.

Sorry i didn't realize how contradictory that statement was. What i was trying to say is there is beauty in knowing that everything will soon be nothing.

the next day we went swimming

DSC_5006.jpg

DSC_5009.jpg

DSC_5017.jpg

DSC_5021.jpg

DSC_5039.jpg

DSC_5046.jpg

DSC_5105.jpg

DSC_5109.jpg

kawawaka doing the asian squat with a sri lankan

DSC_5113.jpg

the newest pockets

DSC_5138.jpg

kawawaka takes his showers like this

DSC_5148.jpg

an old pepsi

DSC_5198.jpg

some high school kids were rolling a blunt in the parking lot and kawawaka tried to get down...they were totally freaked out and left.

DSC_5228.jpg

DSC_5061.jpg

DSC_5131.jpg

we had no lighter

DSC_5186.jpg

DSC_5203.jpg

DSC_5205.jpg

DSC_5207.jpg

DSC_5208.jpg

Six weeks of normal wear while working in a hospital-type environment. I might do a second soak soon, because I want to get the last of the shrinkage out, and they're getting a little muddy as you can see. I love how these jeans look almost black, yet they fade into a lovely shade of electric blue.

Things should really take off now, because not only am I going to start cycling to work, seeing that that the snow has melted, but I'm actually changing jobs and moving back to the countryside soon (where I'm writing this very post).

2z8w74n.jpg

dxo83k.jpg

2yv2zhg.jpg

It's like something out of Dune!

2hgz4vr.jpg

ih3zlt.jpg