Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

my bad SLAB, i forgot you were in the contest. but regardless, you got to give those skulls a beat down after the FC. but as you can see, these jeans deserve a long relationship.

FULLCOUNT 1614 lowrise/straight leg on sale FOR UNDER $140 @BiG!!!

i suck, my bad. i'm doing some concrete demo work the next two days, so the ole FC are gonna get a good workout/beatdown. trust, working with my stepfather puts about a month's worth of work on jeans in a day. we'll see what happens...

So I got out my sewing kit for what I thought was going to be a minor crotch repair, just fixing one little stitch that came loose, and I found myself basically having to reinforce both sides of the crotch on the inseams, till about 5" down from the crotch on both sides. Took me an hour and a half. It'll hold for now, but they're going to need some professional attention soon. At least it's just the stitching, the denim is showing no sign of weakening yet.

my people have a saying ''knowledge proceeds speech and action'' another is '' it is better to remain silent and have the people assume you are ignorant, than to loose your tounge and remove all doubt''. im still wondering why they were so cheap, but who cares! cop and run! today's work has these babys filthy to all fuckery. ive been sitting, kneeling, and laying in red clay dirt, and concrete dust. i'll let it all accumulate for the rest of the week, wear the WH during @night, and wash them finally whenever the job is done at the end of the week. i cant wait to see the results of hard work...needless to say ive given these no pampering, and no regard whatsoever, except regarding the fact that jeans were originally intended to be work wear, so that's what they are this week!

my bad, ya'll know i always smoke good before i login! isn't it funny when you try to correct someone, and you make a mistake? HA! that's what i get for trying to be smart and faded @ the same time....but forreal my english spelling has been garbage since i went to morocco to study arabic. my mind is strictly phonetic. i wont edit that post as to immortalize my ignorance...

anyways i had to do a wash this morning, since i was off work and had to run errands without my 700s. so. i just filled a five gallon bucket half-way in my girl's shower with hot water, threw the jeans in, and a good squirt of dr. bronners rose scent( i like rose, shut up, fuck you) and dunked them bitches repeatedly until the water was bluish-green.i did this again without soap to rinse(more indigo came out, i can tell theres more loose dye in them still but i don't give a shit cause they are going back to work in the morn. a few hours in the sun, and thats that. i swear if i posted these( i wish i could) today and told mofos they were 12-14 months in nobody would question it. my sister rubbed my thigh and was like'' none of my jeans are this soft''

to explain, as if needed....

my sister was doing the kevin hart 'asian guy' immitation wherin whe slaps her knees in a mock pre-fight ritual. she does this anytime i threaten her with physical violence. when she got closer to me she slapped my knees to show her complete lack of fear, and when she slapped my knee the softness of the denim made her stop and take the time to rub my leg. you cats are hopeless!

ive been trying to get alex to post the pics. maybe if im off this weekend i can get up with lendo. he lives a few blocks away from me...well, off to another beatdown!

4 months, 1 wash, 2 soaks. couple of quick notes. i wear these to work everyday. but don't do the work like salaami's been doin. i carry a tripod with my right hand (notice the wear area where the little rip is). my camera is on my left. the belt loop on that side has lotsa wear. for some reason, i favor my left knee when kneeling down for low angle shots. i've almost destroyed the thread on both back pockets from constantly putting and taking things outta them. the little slice on the right front leg is from a razor blade a couple of months ago when i was opening a toy for my kid.

front1.jpg

back-1.jpg

front-1.jpg

sidepocet.jpg

side.jpg

backpocket.jpg

@tyshooter:work is work my dude. i might be in the tidewater area in the next few weeks doing more dirty jobs, so pm me your # and if i get down there this summer i'll most def hit you up. 1108s coming along lovely!

i've come to find out that back in the day miners, and logger's wives used some form of soap to wash clothes(and bodies) with made from lye and animal(swine and bovine)fat. my gf's cousin makes this banging soap the old-school way using vegetable oils(olive oil/shea butter/coconut) in place of the fucking lard. i've been using it on my jeans the past week( 3 washes in 7 days!) and it has been great. she told me today that she would show me how to make my own, and being me the first thing i thought of is ''jean-soap, made the old-fashioned way''. i'm going to make some for myself, but i wanted to know if there would be enough people(denim-heads) interested so that i could make a large batch soon. i guess to prove its goodness i would have to break a pair of raws in for a year or so using only this soap, but i'm certainly not above doing that. but for the record, i'll only use this lye soap from now on.....one way or the other. PM me with your opinions!

before anyone asks, no, i don't use a wash-board or abrasives to clean denim. i just dunk them in a bucket till my arm gets tired.