german army sneakers

Corbin Law

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

"Please don't pay anymore than 50-60 dollars for these. They really are not all that comfortable and military issue stuff is meant to be cheap."

where can you get them for this price? they probably don't sell them in canada right?

--- Original message by chadler on Jan 21, 2006 06:40 PM

im begining to feel that they arent all they are cracked up to be thank you all for the info and insight

chwa?

Quote:

The design is fantastic. They're a wonderful slim, low-profile sneaker. I wish I knew a place that sold the actual German army ones (the white ones) at a normal price.

--- Original message by minya on Jan 22, 2006 01:24 PM

have you ever worn a pair? i like the aesthetics too but if they dont feel nice... =/

Quote:
Quote:

The design is fantastic. They're a wonderful slim, low-profile sneaker. I wish I knew a place that sold the actual German army ones (the white ones) at a normal price.

have you ever worn a pair? i like the aesthetics too but if they dont feel nice... =/

--- Original message by shagnscoob on Jan 22, 2006 03:06 PM

I own a pair of the Adidas BW Army, which is pretty much identical, I think, and I think they're quite comfy. Not great for walking all day long, but still nice.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by shagnscoob on Jan 22, 2006 03:06 PM

I have a pair, I can wear em pretty much all day with no discomfort...on the other hand I find Chuck Taylors very uncomfortable.

the origial army ones made as athletic shoes and they are very comfortable. they come with removable soft relief insoles. They were designed for indoors training of German soldiers and were not meant to be replaced every other month or so.

on the other hand, the ones reproduced by margiela are made as dress sneakers with flat leather insole. Also, the leather of margiela sneakers is soft and stretchy. I tried them before getting myself the original ones, they are not bad but they don't have the robustness of adidas sneakers, i.e. the original army ones.

I've got several pairs from the army surplus store in Germany. They are not doing online trade, but I speak some German and it really helped to convince them to ship overseas.

Quote: I've got several pairs from the army surplus store in Germany. They are not doing online trade, but I speak some German and it really helped to convince them to ship overseas.
are army surplus stores in Germany the only place to find them?

i have the adidas army bw's and i think they're pretty damn comfortable!

moreso than a lot of my other shoes - sneakers included.

and they're pretty understated which is nice (talking about the black ones - not the camo ones). i've actually received quite a few compliments on them.

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Quote: and they're pretty understated which is nice (talking about the black ones - not the camo ones). i've actually received quite a few compliments on them.
Me too. The camo ones are way too gaudy IMO, but the black ones are perfect. I wish the black ones weren't limited! How stupid to keep such a well-designed shoe available to so few.

I think they are awesome, I would get a pair if I could. And anyone that says military clothing and footwear are made cheap is dead wrong. Their stuff is made to hold up to heavy wear and tear, so they have to make shit that lasts. Which is plenty durable enough for the urban kids.

"Patience, both we and our words are overproduced by influence"

i've seen lots of the original german army sneakers in a episode, a thrift store in a'dam, i think they were 20 euro

''I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm/i'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb/I am the world's forgotten boy/The one who searches and destroys''...James Jewel Osterberg

Quote:
Quote:

I could not find them anywhere else so i found a german surplus store through my mates in Germany.

--- Original message by keyko on Jan 22, 2006 08:14 PM

how much did each pair cost? with shipping and everything? ...if you don't mind me asking

--- Original message by chadler on Jan 23, 2006 07:50 PM

if you add the costs of learning German then their costs would probably exceed DH sneakers retail value. you can also get RR DS for about US 150 retail in Sweden, but i think they cost more in Canada don't they?

Guest peterpaul

hey,

if anybody is really interested in original german army sneakers, i could get them! i live in stuttgart and i know a shop selling them for about 50 euro...just pm me if you want some....

Guest peterpaul

hi,

i think 60euro (10 for me) is quite fair....and shipping to the united states is about 20.

so at least 80euro...

Edited by peterpaul on Jan 28, 2006 at 11:16 AM