german army sneakers

Corbin Law

ive seen them here and there, and im really feeling these, they are the ones that dior homme made a copy of, but i think id rather save 200 usd and get the actual german army ones.

'

they can be seen here

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-sneakers-inspiring-Hedi-4-VOTC-Dior-Homme-Run_W0QQitemZ7732876469QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but i want to get the actual ones and my question is, is there anyway to obain these shoes not with ebay? is there a store, or online store that sells them?

chwa?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i am selling the original german army ones in sz 43/uk9/us10. they run true to adidas size because they are actually made by adidas, but bear no logo because they are made by the order of german government for the army and are not a commercial product.

http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=7925

SOLD

Edited by keyko on Jan 24, 2006 at 01:20 PM

Quote:

You only want it because its cheap Dior/Margiela.

Try looking at some of the really nice old dunks, fx. Rebounds and PONYs.

--- Original message by skecr8r on Dec 20, 2005 09:24 AM

Quote:

posted by: skecr8r on Dec 20, 2005 09:24 AM

Try looking at some of the really nice old dunks, fx. Rebounds and PONYs.

dress badly on purpose.

this is a joke, right?

No. It's not a joke. Anyone who has ever seen these in real life would certainly realize what a complete joke THEY are. Simple trend following at its worst.

The only reason Dior Homme puts out these low-top versions is to make dough, the high-top aesthetic is what Dior Homme is about; just check out most of the collections. Your jeans will never fall quite right if you wear lowtops in comparison with highs.

Besides, the military influence is getting so boring. The shoes aren't really anything, the quality with Margiela and DH is besides completely different. The Adidas ones were meant to be worn hard without comfort.

All in all, the shoes are god-awful. Move on.

DON'T YOU WANNA BE COOL

IMO, the original german army sneaker is a very clean and stylish casual shoe. I agree that the hype surrounding the dior ripoff (and margiela, gucci, adidas reissues) is riduculous, but I still like the design of the shoe.

also, saying that a pair of jeans CANT be worn right with a pair of lowtops might be a bit harsh heh..

i would agree, i dont own any hightop shoes and i love the way my jeans fall on low tops. I guess it is trend following but for me i dont really care. i live in the middle of middle class suburbia surrounded by abercrombie kids. theres no one else thats gonna be like damn man i cant belive your wearing german army shoes bah your such a fucking sheep i cant believe you succumb to wearing military inspired clothing go kill your self. i dont really much care about the hype surrounding them i just like the style of the shoe, i prefer the look of the german ones more so than the dior ones. i just enjoy the shoe and would like to find a store where i can buy the german ones.

chwa?

Guest Fade to Black

Has anyone seen Margiela's latest take on these sneakers? I saw em at Barneys, they're basically the same as the German Army sneaker he made for last season, except now there's some customized writing done by ball point pen (blue writing) all over the sneaker - random shit like a stop sign, some random phrases in English (forgot exact words), just shit scribbled all over the sides, back and front of the sneaker. Except last season's plain version was like $215, this one is like $335. WTF...I could've done that scribbling myself, or even just do it on my existing german army sneakers and it could pass for a Margiela. That shit totally had me scratching my head...