Buying some new APC new standards

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

In Seven jeans, I'm around a size 28. I was thinking of getting the 26 or 27 waisted APC's. Which one should I go for? And also these jeans are pretty tight right? Not baggy at all?

I'm like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin'

im a 28 in skinners, i ahvent tried on sevens but ill asume that they are the same. APC sizing is mad wack. go as skinny as you possibly can, i got a 27, which i would sort of button, but i should have squeezed it in for a week and gotten the 26. after a month of wear they will stretch out, and believe me youll wish you ahve gone down a size. they are tight, but they will stretch out until they are just a sort of relaxed tight fit and will stop hugging your nuts. but they are a great jean and they look amazing after 2 months.

chwa?

Thanks, I think I'll get the 26's. Is 120 bucks a good price for these? New of course.

They are pretty much narrow and slightly tapered. Go with the 26- make sure when you get it that it fits snug, or else it won't stretch out at all.

$120 is as cheap as you can get em basically. The guy in DC denimbar sells em for 120 shipped last time i checked.

Edited by Sauce on Dec 19, 2005 at 04:13 PM

The site you are looking for is:

www.thedenimbar.net

He's got a bunch on New Standards on his shelves, I was salivating over them this weekend, while contemplating the new hole in my RRDS, and wondering whether to begin a new project.

And Yes, they're $120.

There were people swarming the store, mostly girls, though there was a guy trying to pick up some Nudies they ordered for him... They're doing brisk business, the web store isn't up yet, but as the owner has posted before, he'll take phone orders.

-trapped

Alright, so I should go with the size 25's?? It sounds a little too tight for me though >_>

If you wear a 28", i would go with at least a 26". They will stretch for sure, in fact they stretch alot.

I would say if you eventually want a jean that's kinda more saggy and you can wear them down low, then go with the 26". If however, you want a jean that's just formfitting even after you stretch them out, then get the 25". Becareful though, sperm production will definitely be stunted for a while with the 25".

argh...all of this frusterates me...I don't know what's going on! icon_smile.gif

What I would do...is try them on somewhere. Orrrr, find a brand that has a similar waist fit...and try those on. Orrrr, measure your waist (across) and measure the jeans (across). Orrrrr...guess. Shit, one of those has to help you out. Good luck on the jeans and have a damn fine time.

No APC stores near me, no type of jeans with insanely retarded measuring techniques, the jeans always ****ing have different measurements across

My final answer is that if you where a 28" in everyother jean (more or less) you want to go with 26", NOT 27".

You would only go for the 25" if you wanna switch up your style to crazy nut huggers.

Get it from denimbar in DC since they only 120 bucks and i'm sure he'll allow returns if it doesn't fit right - but note that if you first get them, fitting right is not critical - they should be snug so they stretch.

• 2 weeks later...

I got some 26's and they are okay around the waste, but they freakin' are bustin' my balls, is there anyway to stretch the crotch area a little in any way? Pr just fix this problem in general?

Ok i just got some 27's but wear a 28 usually and they fit pretty lose, i could put my thumb inside them and still have room to stretch out. I'm going to return them because they fit a bit too loose. Is the difference between a 27 and a 26 really that much that they will hug your nuts because the 27 was nowhere near hugging my balls?

• 6 months later...

im thinking about getting a pair and after reading all this, i think the 26 waist will fit me. can someone provide some measurements or comparisons to lets say 19cm Dior jeans and modern day levis 501s? i want something like the 19cm diors but maybe JUST A LITTLE BIT more loose. im planning to beat these everyday and would like something sitting low under my hips like them diors. Also, what would be closer to a pair of dior 19cm jeans? the new standard or any other apc model jeans? :D

• 4 weeks later...

i wear 33 in most of my jeans and have ns also in 33. they did strech out but i always wear a belt so i didnt care much. i also have pretty thick legs so i dont mind the strech. if you have an ass they wont fall off, i'm not fat or anything and the ass in my jeans is just fine.

I just got mine in the mail. I got a 33 and the waist could be a tad bit smaller, but im fine w/ that because the thighs and ass are hugging me. If you have a thin lower half go for the smaller sizes, but if you have any kind of ass or thighs i would take that into consideration.

I normally buy 34s or 36s in jeans