Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Just got another run of the final production models from Skull.

The jeans aren't up to snuff.

We're dropping the line, it's a waste of time to carry a collection that delivers only once a year and delivers product which gets worse every year. Everything from the denim to the construction has gone to shit on these, sorry ya'll.

just curious kiya, i vaguely remember that there was going to be a SE x Skull pair that was supposed to come up or something. so thats been scrapped? or did i remember wrongly?

I need to get my hands on some of the new denim already...I wasn't sure if it was just a case of "different not necessarily worse or better" for the fabric but I'd hate to see that the construction, etc. has changed for the worse...I also wonder what problems they might've encountered at the production level or are they just trying to cut costs?

We're dropping the line, it's a waste of time to carry a collection that delivers only once a year and delivers product which gets worse every year. Everything from the denim to the construction has gone to shit on these, sorry ya'll.

well that's a shame...

but i couldn't agree with you more...if they're crapping out on their jeans, not worth carrying them in your store.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

The 5507 is like my favourite cut ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a pair from Self Edge - are those the newest model? I havent compared them to my old 510's that I got like 5 years ago....

Kinda wish I read this thread before I made the trip but whatever I love me some skulls.

you're good. kiya said he's not picking up the newest run that weren't as good. so yours are most likely the ones from 2010 which were right after they abandoned the texas cotton

Here are my skulls 5010

A good 8 months of wear, nothing too serious.

Gonna give them a good wash soon so here's some pre-pics

img2924q.jpg

img2921a.jpg

img2915h.jpg

img2909kn.jpg

I had mine tapered, but the vietnamese lady decided after being told 20 times, to remove the selvedge.... :mad: and she tapered them too much IMO. I took them to an english speaking tailor and he did the best he could. A little too much time into them to just ditch but besides the tight leg opening its all right.

Side note, I'm sad to hear about them getting dropped.... shoulda snatched another pair.

Good progress, but personally, i dislike ridiculousily big phone fades...

Thanks!

Ya...I wish it wasnt just an outline. I didnt realize my old case was doing that til it was too late and now the rest of it doesnt fade at all because its stretched out

Ok so I've had my Skull's ~6 months and I need to wash them now. Guacamole just isn't coming out with a cloth lol.

I'm not sure they're ready, I got some decent fading but nothing extreme.

Can anyone tell me how to do this right? Like spin cycle or not, what kind of detergent, cold or hot water, etc?

Thanks