Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

witts,

my opinion... i think general consensus is to go 2 sizes down on diors as they run 2 inches bigger in the waist vs. tag size (size 32 = 34" waist measurement). skulls 5010 are pretty true to size. i compared measurements for size 32 dh19 vs size 34 skulls 5010 (after hot soak), and the rise and thigh's are very very similar. dh19 has a more narrow taper from the knee down, though.

I was actually in the same boat you are, however given this is my first try at Japanese denim I didn't want to mess around with sizing and getting it right with shrink to fit.

Both are good pair of jeans from what I can tell though. Skulls seem to fade faster so that was a deciding point for me. Unlike my APC NS in Black that is unlikely to fade for a long long time!

cool thanks for everyones help, looks like im going with the samurai 710s.. lets go thread jumping

Well I just picked up a pair of Size 27 since that's what was for sale on the Supermarket. I think it should work out. I'm naturally a Size 28 using Fab Four's measuring guide. I sized down 3 on my APC NS and they actually fit comfortably. However the look is a bit too slim for my taste.

Hopefully the 27's won't make my legs look like a 12 year old gynmanst.

definitely size up. skulls have a slightly lower rise [likely from how stiff they are] my size 28 skulls fited tighter than size 27 diors by quite a bit around the waist

I ran my skulls by a local boutique and the owner really really liked what he saw.

If he's interested in carrying a few styles who should he speak to? I was going to give him Shininichi to start, is there a better option?

Besides BiG and SE I can't think of a better place to carry skulls than this guys shop. He has the only chainstitch machine in the city (antique, 1930's) and he does his own line of made to measure selvedge denim by hand.

really thinking about getting a pair of skulls as my next purchase. I wear a 33 in imperial dukes and i could probably wear a 32 in them. They fit well but they aren't super tight. I also would probably be around a 32 in dior 19cm MII. Wondering if a size 33 or a 32 in the 50-10xx. I am really tall and skinny and my previous slim fitting jeans (dior 19cm MII) emphasised the length of my legs and im not really going for that. any thoughts?

ultimately how will the 50-10xx fit compared to dukes?

really thinking about getting a pair of skulls as my next purchase. I wear a 33 in imperial dukes and i could probably wear a 32 in them. They fit well but they aren't super tight. I also would probably be around a 32 in dior 19cm MII. Wondering if a size 33 or a 32 in the 50-10xx. I am really tall and skinny and my previous slim fitting jeans (dior 19cm MII) emphasised the length of my legs and im not really going for that. any thoughts?

ultimately how will the 50-10xx fit compared to dukes?

still have this question, still looking for an answer. any help will be greatly appreciated

still have this question, still looking for an answer. any help will be greatly appreciated

The 50-10xx pretty skinny, but I don't think they make my legs look too long. True to size fit a little loose inthe waist, but i was not looking for skin tight. So if you want emphasis on your thigh shape I would go with at least a 32 or even 31.

I'm sure the answer's already mentioned somewhere but to save you the trouble of searching I have a pair of black Dukes and blue 5010 6x6's both in 32W. The Dukes have a longer rise and a straighter fit in the leg than the Skulls. In the waist the Imperials are bigger than the Skulls stretching more with wear and contracting less when washed, for this reason I wouldn't size down.