Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

It'll soften them up a bit and they'll probably sit better. There are people on this forum who tumble dry their jeans.

junetastic...

These are 14oz raw jeans, and you've only been wearing them for 2 months... have a little more patience dude, no rush. you started wearing these jeans when they were in a stiff raw state, it takes time to break in and usually they dont "fall" nicely until they are softened up from being worn-in. they do look loose on you tho, i dont know if thats because you got skinny ass legs or lack an ass, but a hot soak wont hurt in your case and it wont affect the fade that much so dont trip. if you hang dry, they will be stiff again and since you dont want that, you might want to carefully tumble dry on a gentler cycle for a softer result (if there is room in the waist to allow for a little shrink).

I just thought the agitation from a wash would take away more indigo than wanted. Guess not. I'm not afraid of getting them wet since I've worn them in the rain a few times already. All right these babies are getting drenched in hot water and a tumble dry.

For reference, here's how they fit when I first bought them (and when I was ~20 lbs heavier):

asdfla5.th.jpg

Guest noogsahoy

i've done some thread searches but i haven't yet been able to come to a reasonable conclusion in regards to stretching.

is the following correct:

+ 1.5inches

"tag size= 32

size post stretch (10-20 wears) = 33.5"

self edge cites waist size as tag size + 0.5

does that mean in theory that after stretching a 32 would equal 34?

Yes. There isn't much explaining the do. They're slim jeans. There are more measurements to jeans than just the waist. The rise is only about 10" so they'd sit on your hips, not your waist too.

I have a 36" waist, and I got 34" 5507's. they fit fine right out of the box, and have stretched to even be a bit looser "slim" cut. 34's would be fine if you go with that cut, otherwise i'm pretty sure self edge has 36's in the 5010

i've done some thread searches but i haven't yet been able to come to a reasonable conclusion in regards to stretching.

is the following correct:

+ 1.5inches

"tag size= 32

size post stretch (10-20 wears) = 33.5"

self edge cites waist size as tag size + 0.5

does that mean in theory that after stretching a 32 would equal 34?

Hey guys,

I just recieved a pair of Skull 5010xx and they're pretty stiff and tight on me. I want some advice on what I should do because I'm afraid after the soak they'll end up too small on me. I'll take pictures of how it fits like tomorrow when I find my camera but i wanted to hear what you guys would recommend first.

edit - Also, the length on these are crazy.. I'm only about 5' 7" and they seem CRAZY long, advice on whether or not I should hem?

Thanks!

I have an important problem that I did not notice before.. I can't button them up. I don't know how I missed that but.. should I just sell and get another size. I can't return them because I got them through a proxy service.

How many buttons can you button up? Have you tried buttoning them while lying down, or stretching out the waistband a little?

If you can get the first couple of buttons done up, you're probably fine.

I have an important problem that I did not notice before.. I can't button them up. I don't know how I missed that but.. should I just sell and get another size. I can't return them because I got them through a proxy service.

Thanks for all the help..

I'd recommend giving them a soak then stretching them while they're wet.

very interesting how the fit through the leg is perfect for its brand new state but the waist is so tiny... you must have very thin legs... be careful sizing up from that size as they may billow on you! (check haptronic's fit on one of the first pages, he has very tiny legs.)

That was probably how I missed the tight waist the first time I tried them on. The fit is amazing from waist down. This is a reason to why I don't want to size up.. If any of you guys can suggest a stretching technique that would be wonderful. I'd much rather keep this pair than go through the process of reselling and buying another pair.. So please guys, if you have any technique that you have used and recommend, it is greatly appreciated and needed!

Thanks for all the help.