I HATE TRACK JACKETS

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

I tend to agree. everyone rocks one now, it was cool for a while for that I'm-retroing-70's-and/or-80's- look.

Almost every single brand comes out with their own version - it's like all of a sudden, 100% polyester- made clothes are considered acceptable as part of a classic staple of menswear. I personally don't agree with the trend, but am glad that track pants are not as popular because it would be a shame that 100%polyester bottoms became part of the staple as well.

A lot of striped shirt guys like wearing track jackets now for a more "street" look. That says to me danger.

Edited by Sauce on Dec 8, 2005 at 08:00 PM

• 2 months later...

bump. still contemplating on the $250 limited fred perry/siv stodal tack jacket. am i just being suckered because they are supposed to be limited? they do come up with these every season and i'm just wondering if i'm paying for something that isn't worth it. by the way, are pique (much much heavier than pique polo shirts)materialed track jackets common? this one is and that's what attracted me to it.

i once saw someone with a track jacket... black w/yellow stripes, although i don't remember how many. on the breast it says (in yellow) 'new york state correctional facility' with the olympics logo underneath it... but instead of rings they were badges (heh). underneath the logo it said 'olympic <something> (maybe team)'.

does anyone know what those are? anyways i'm just curious.