bloc party concert

RobbertJan

srry i didn't have any tickets over:P

but it was great, they played for like 1.5 hours and they seemed to really enjoy themselves, the atmosphere was amazing, 20 people crowdsurfing etc. and bloc party just totally rocking the place:) and yeah it was sold out long time ago, i was lucky to get tickets i guess:)

''I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm/i'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb/I am the world's forgotten boy/The one who searches and destroys''...James Jewel Osterberg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

kinda cute for a sixteen year old.. blatent jailbait sonny... watch yaself.

bloc party always sucked.. just had huge media hype..

how can 1 band who have 1 'alright' song get that big?! expecially when the only merit to the decent track is that it sounds like gang of four.

gayers!

haha milspex you're so funny man.....

1. music is very dependend on personal taste, so fine if you don't like it but then don't post on this thread.

2. yeah we're from holland, and i don't really care that other countries get there nbhd ft. visvim ft w)taps ft. nike stuff early and we don't get it at all, cause in terms of real fashion belgium and holland are the places where it's happening at the moment.

3. bloc party's album was not the most brilliant album ever but it was good in my opinion, you probaly just don't like cause it's not '' underground'' anymore....

4. anyway have a nice day man, but don't feel to good for everyone else that's not from around your place

''I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm/i'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb/I am the world's forgotten boy/The one who searches and destroys''...James Jewel Osterberg

Quote:

haha milspex you're so funny man.....

1. music is very dependend on personal taste, so fine if you don't like it but then don't post on this thread.

2. yeah we're from holland, and i don't really care that other countries get there nbhd ft. visvim ft w)taps ft. nike stuff early and we don't get it at all, cause in terms of real fashion belgium and holland are the places where it's happening at the moment.

3. bloc party's album was not the most brilliant album ever but it was good in my opinion, you probaly just don't like cause it's not '' underground'' anymore....

4. anyway have a nice day man, but don't feel to good for everyone else that's not from around your place

--- Original message by RobbertJan on Jan 14, 2006 07:14 AM

Sorry, honestly I dont know shit about rock music after about 1997 (when I got out of school). For all I know these guys are awesome. I was just being a jerk as usual and making fun of England`s disrespect for the rest of Europe`s musical taste as much as anything. funny stuff.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Edited by MilSpex on Jan 14, 2006 at 08:16 AM

Quote:

how can 1 band who have 1 'alright' song get that big?! expecially when the only merit to the decent track is that it sounds like gang of four.

gayers!

--- Original message by thomas_highstreet on Jan 14, 2006 04:36 AM

I hear this crap all the time, how people say it sounds like this or that kind of (insert obscure post punk band) here. but in all reality, these bands sound nothing alike, and bloc party actually have legitimately good pop songs not cheesy dance songs like so many bands are doing today. banquet is the worst song on that album anyhows...

kind of like how saying interpol sound like joy division.

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

i quite like bloc party, but they are derivative. Stupid if you say they aren't. Next thing you'll be telling me is that the darkness have never listened to a queen or ac/dc album.

i think interpol is more like joy division with a little television (marquee moon) thrown in.

If loving denim is wrong i don't want to be right.

to be honest i do have personal grudge towards russel lissack.. probably the reason i was so harsh.

but stil it remains, they arent completely terrible, but by no means are they a good band.. and they never really hit up the 'underground' like you said.. they just had a huge promotions team.. simple as that..

Quote:

to be honest i do have personal grudge towards russel lissack.. probably the reason i was so harsh.

but stil it remains, they arent completely terrible, but by no means are they a good band.. and they never really hit up the 'underground' like you said.. they just had a huge promotions team.. simple as that..

--- Original message by thomas_highstreet on Jan 16, 2006 03:45 AM

the older and older i get the more and more i realize #1 the bands that made any difference to me were never that underground (new order, joy division, my bloody valentine, clash, etc) and #2 what difference does it really make in the long run? a band is a band. music is music....if a band has a huge promotion team does that really make any difference, sorry for the rant highstreet, i just feel like i have to defend a band that doesnt really need to be defended.

I mean when I first heard them (about them) i was really anti, mainly because of hype , but when i actually listened to the album i enjoyed it because of the songs and melodies, man, it's just good pop songs. like everything else.

pop music is timeless. when people talk about these modern day artists (in the US) like bright eyes and devandra barnhart I get sick because everyone knows that writing a pop song no matter how cheesy can be just as hard if not more difficult than writing crappy storytelling shit like the latter i mentioned.

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

Quote:

gayers!

Definitely Jailbat. He might be around that age as well though :P

I like Bloc Party a lot. When my cousin got tickets in Leeds I was jealous to the max. But, not everyone can like them, so to each his own I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Quote:

gayers!

Definitely Jailbat. He might be around that age as well though :P

I like Bloc Party a lot. When my cousin got tickets in Leeds I was jealous to the max. But, not everyone can like them, so to each his own I guess.

--- Original message by Tabris on Jan 17, 2006 08:12 AM

a friend of mine checked out that girls myspace...and apparently she's 33 (or so she claims...lol). i'm 33 as well, so she's a little too old for my taste... ;)

Edited by mixedup on Feb 13, 2006 at 04:59 PM

Quote:

this exact thread will happen again next month. Just replace "Bloc Party" with "Arctic Monkeys"

--- Original message by mcflip on Feb 13, 2006 02:48 PM

I'm afraid you already missed the AM thread.

LOL

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Quote:

gayers!

I hear this crap all the time, how people say it sounds like this or that kind of (insert obscure post punk band) here. but in all reality, these bands sound nothing alike, and bloc party actually have legitimately good pop songs not cheesy dance songs like so many bands are doing today. banquet is the worst song on that album anyhows...

kind of like how saying interpol sound like joy division.

--- Original message by poly800rock on Jan 15, 2006 10:25 PM

You're deaf if you don't hear Gang of Four in Bloc Party.

yeah so every band has it's influences, so what? it can still be good music, and i think bloc party have got their own sound, it's not like they're copying something directly, they've just got their influences, like pretty much every band.....

Quote:

yeah so every band has it's influences, so what? it can still be good music, and i think bloc party have got their own sound, it's not like they're copying something directly, they've just got their influences, like pretty much every band.....

--- Original message by RobbertJan on Feb 27, 2006 09:54 AM

I agree completely. poly800rock just made it seem like Bloc Party sounds nothing like Gang of Four.

i'm not saying they might not sound like x band, but they have a lot of things that are different as well. It's like saying everything with a dance beat sounds like gang of four....entertainment was way more edgey/beat driven too. not close to as melody driven as bloc party is. I dont think gang of four even knew what melody was until to hell with poverty!

adidas sample stuff on the bay now.

DAMN YOU PEOPLE STOP WATCHING AND BID!

Quote:

i'm not saying they might not sound like x band, but they have a lot of things that are different as well. It's like saying everything with a dance beat sounds like gang of four....entertainment was way more edgey/beat driven too. not close to as melody driven as bloc party is. I dont think gang of four even knew what melody was until to hell with poverty!

--- Original message by poly800rock on Feb 27, 2006 07:40 PM

Misunderstanding then... I thought you were saying they sound absolutely nothing alike. I agree with your statement. Bloc Party has a lot more influences other than Gang of Four; i.e. David Bowie, Dinosaur Jr, Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth, etc., where most of their melodic sound comes from.