Hans Christian Madsen F/W 2008

apollo

• 1 month later...
Guest jhaime9

This guy is the man of the moment for LDN menswear!

I preferred his Graduation collections knits to this fall, but financial issues are at the base of it.

is S/S 09 line looks rather hot.

incidently his knits are in a different league to Raf's over-priced & eastern european over-manufactured, ill-textile sourced malarky...

Raf gave up on his mainline a long time ago, especially since the introduction of Raf by Raf & every collaboration or position he can milk...can't blame him though, squeezing that cash cow damn hard!

Guest jhaime9
What sites stock his collection?

http://www.bstorelondon.com/ did sell his graduation collection online, but I don't what the situation is now, as they've changed direction slightly to a more preppy/dandy aesthetic.

He has since done a mini capsule collection for the Copenhagen retailer 'force of nature', which you can see here...

http://www.forceofnature.eu/www/index.php?News

and previews of the shots here; the hoodie is quite cool

http://thefashionisto.com/blog/category/designers/designers-g-i/hans-madsen-designers-g-i/

like the blig says, he has also been behind the launch of the Diesel Black Gold label, most obviously their big chunky Knits & Sweaters...

He also did an exclusive tee-shirt design for Colette as part of the LDN fashion week MAN event which looked cool. As did Christopher Shannons.

Guest jhaime9
This looks like one hell of a comfy slip over that would look smashing with a white shirt underneath.

05rc4.jpg

he's got some seriously nice knits for s/s 09 homeboy...

email him via his site, he takes private orders with so few stockists.

I'm not big on knits personally but they look very nicely constructed. I'm especially fond of the mixed leather / navy knit that was in the preview - unfair to say but it's sometimes hard to judge a designer objectively until you see him execute on a piece you can judge against your own aesthetic.

hans2.jpg

Guest jhaime9
Price point?

expensive.

mid-range, mainly between £140-£240, that was for winter though.

I'd imagine summer pieces will be less expensive.

Drop him a line, you might get away with a discounted runway piece.

expensive.

mid-range, mainly between £140-£240, that was for winter though.

I'd imagine summer pieces will be less expensive.

Drop him a line, you might get away with a discounted runway piece.

What's your take on the construction/material used?

• 2 months later...

This might be a bit late, but I have seen the collection for Force of Nature in person, and I have to say that I am a bit disappointed with the general quality of the items. But I have talked with the owner a couple of times and it seems as if it was some sort of favour he did as they went to school together.

I haven't seen anything from his mainline collection though. It looks brilliant. Let me know if you need any pick-ups. I could try calling him and see what he has in stock. I am quite sure he lives nearby me.