1947 LVC...single sided or double red tab?

partytaco

i bought another pair of the 47' LVC because i liked the first so much...well one pair is LVC U.S. and has a single sided red tab and the other pair is LVC Europe and has a double sided...is this common or did they fuck this pair up? I've noticed other differences too in the patch leather and in the stitching color.

Sounds like a fuckup - 1947 jeans should have single-sided tabs. My pair came from the UK and the tab is single-sided. I have, sadly, seen some gross errors on the new range of LVC due the spring... 1930s jeans with a 1950s arcuate. I know it sounds like a denim nerd complaint, but somehow they look wrong without your even having to think about it.

Quote:

Sounds like a fuckup - 1947 jeans should have single-sided tabs. My pair came from the UK and the tab is single-sided. I have, sadly, seen some gross errors on the new range of LVC due the spring... 1930s jeans with a 1950s arcuate. I know it sounds like a denim nerd complaint, but somehow they look wrong without your even having to think about it.

--- Original message by Paul T on Nov 26, 2005 05:01 AM

no...i too would think the arcuate f-up would be a big deal...especially since LVC supposedly prides itself on being so accurate in their reproductions

upon looking even closer at the two pairs of 1947s i noticed that the uneven arcuate is different than my other pair with the smaller shorter arch being more towards the middle of the jeans while my other pair has the smaller shorter arch going towards the outside of the jean...does anyone know which way is correct....should i contact LEVIs about this?

Should of course be single sided, without the R which did not come in till the early 50s. As in the Jap repros.

Yes sounds like a factory mistake. I work in a store which sells LVC. I've seen double sided on '44 S501s. A small e tab on an otherwise pefect Type III jacket and even seen a pair of jeans where they had forgotten the the tab altogether.

Hip mick

I agree with the committment comment above. I simply cannot get the rigid-1947 501s from my usual special-order source, nor the SanFran Levi's store. Its too bad, as this is an excellent product and one that easily deserves more marketing and distribution effort.

I hope they don't abandon this model - or the entire LVC line next season...!

Jim

Jim Cissell

Quote:

I agree with the committment comment above. I simply cannot get the rigid-1947 501s from my usual special-order source, nor the SanFran Levi's store. Its too bad, as this is an excellent product and one that easily deserves more marketing and distribution effort.

I hope they don't abandon this model - or the entire LVC line next season...!

Jim

--- Original message by Jim Cissell on Nov 29, 2005 01:07 PM

I actually got a pair of 1947 Deadstock's from the san francisco store on Monday. They were 40% off!!! They only had a few sizes left! My girlfriend was there for the long weekend and picked up the 47 deadstocks and the 47 charlie both 40% off!!!