Ps3 or 360?

Ichigo100%

which do you prefer?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer?

• Ps3
    • Xbox 360

360 has more platform exclusive titles...there really isnt much reason to care about PS3 unless you have a 1080i tv

i might be looking to get rid of mine soon though, seeing as my roommate has one and the one i have at home just kind of sits and collects dust...in between coursework and social life, video games very rarely manage to work their way into my daily routine much anymore

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the worst threads in the history of Supertalk. Another sterling bullet point on Ichigo's resume. This thread needs the biggest "NO HOMO" qualifier ever.

That being said...

The next generation of consoles after this one will likely be the last iteration before the industry moves to a single unified platform. The era of exclusives is already in it's death throes half-way through THIS generation. "Triple A" titles are simply getting too expensive to constrict their sales to one console. Even Final Fantasy is going multi-plat; Square can't afford not to.

i can't believe there's still 28 votes for Xbox 360.

its the worst box I've seen and the fattest controller.

hate that crap.

PS3 > 360.

microsoft's latest gaming platform : xbox 360 is in japan's convenient stores ready to be taken away on a 80% discount sale. "I think microsoft should die, and long live Sony" Local 15 year old Japanese boy said.

[source from : here]

I have both and honestly use the 360 way more than the PS3. This probably has to do with the fact that way more people know own one and I play online with them, unlike the PS3 that barely anybody I know has.

I'm not too entirely enthused about the 360 having it's RROD problems every so often, but shit comes with every system.

as someone had mentioned earlier, many developers are taking the next step and really pushing the ps3 to its limits. I'm looking forward to many of the AAA titles that are coming out next year.

This all said, i'm selling my 360 w/ 2 games (SF anniversary collection and Dead space), my hori ex 2 joystick, 2 wireless controllers, 2 quick charge batteries w/o the quick charge set (fuckin friend lost it), 1 wired headset, 20gb HD all for $320

shit will be on the market tonight.

Lookin at your gear and sig, you play ST?

Frequent shoryuken?

recently bought a ps3 and loving it. pretty much turned my living room into a small entertainment centre.

set up networks so it can play movies/other shit of my computer which is pretty nice too... also syncing it with the psp is pretty handy as well..haven't done this yet but i hear if the ps3 is on, you can play shit off the 3 onto your psp...

games are lacking though i agree...trying to source out time crisis.

Why spend 200 dollars without a harddrive? The harddrive itself costs like 80-100+.. why not just use that and buy an Elite or some shit?

Or if your balla status, put the money towards ps3 and 360 and all shit will be solved..

Btw, Delvin, is metal gear online? Or is that a seperate game all together?

lol ight cool. I only asked because I was watching a video from Tokyo game show and they were showcasing this metal gear game that was strictly online for the ps3.. It was seperate from the game, but if it's part of MGS4 then sick, definitely coppin.

Keep in mind with the exception of a warranty-voiding hack using a specific hard drive, the only hard drive that works in a 360 is the official MS one, which is priced really high.

PSN is a great service, too. I know Xbox Live gets a lot of love, but as someone who used Live for a year, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything with PSN. The downloadable games are great (wipeout HD, siren, everyday shooter, pixeljunk games, etc.)

right now is a good time to go for the ps3. you can get an 80gb system with 4 blu-ray discs (limited selection) for 220 from amazon when you use a new sony credit card. i don't have either system. i was considering the 360, but this deal plus wi-fi, free psn, and blu ray won me over. i think i'm going to go for it.

I'm getting sick of my 360 and really want a blu-ray player...

I'll switch over as soon as I pick up the jawns I want. Plus I've always been a fan of playstations controllers.

thats the way.

unfortunately FF13 is gonna b released on 360 too =[

btw versus has now been announced to be the mainstream story.

I have a 360 that I hardly ever play, but if given the chance I'd probably get a PS3 instead and sell all of my old XBOX games. The reason is that PS3 = free blu-ray player--and it's just about the cheapest blu-ray player out there. For more serious gaming and better exclusives 360 would make more sense, but for all around versatility, ps3 wins out