123 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer?

• Ps3
    • Xbox 360

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, that's what ive been contemplating for a while.. Ive owned my 360 for a while now but after some research I found that most games that are being released for ps3 are already being released for 360.. Totally defeats the purpose at the moment..

One thing that i'm lured towards however is the free online service.. That's one of the main reasons I'm trying to decide whether to jump ship..

That new Xbox experience looks beast though, so I may wait it out a couple more months to see how shit goes

See, that's what ive been contemplating for a while.. Ive owned my 360 for a while now but after some research I found that most games that are being released for ps3 are already being released for 360.. Totally defeats the purpose at the moment..

One thing that i'm lured towards however is the free online service.. That's one of the main reasons I'm trying to decide whether to jump ship..

That new Xbox experience looks beast though, so I may wait it out a couple more months to see how shit goes

Only reasons I would switch to a PS3 is for the free online capability, and being able to surf the web. Other than that, most games on the 360 are good for me. Just make a list of pros and cons of whether you should switch or not.

Well to be honest, it all really depends on what is more suitable for you..

If you compare the two systems based strictly on games alone, there is really no difference. Both systems have the current games..

What it all dies down to really is perfomance and of course money.. If you want, you can spend the 60 dollars every year for XBL (think about it, you spend 60 bucks a year, you couldve saved up to buy more games or perhaps a new system) but if you want free online capabilities with pretty much a smooth running interface then go for Sony..

I personally bought the 360 mainly because some of my friends owned it and we would play COD 4.. Now i'm selling the 360 because I'm into a lot of RPGs and fighters, and the ps3 controller I find is more suitable for these types of games (d-pad is what im referring to. In regards to fighting games)..

Me listing pros and cons won't solve anything, it's all personal pref at the end of the day

PS3

if you're worried about the money side of things,

even if you bought a 360 at bargain bin pricing you're still paying 50 bucks a year to play online.

if you even keep it for 2 years thats an extra $100 added to the price tag.

What it all dies down to really is perfomance and of course money.. If you want' date=' you can spend the 60 dollars every year for XBL (think about it, you spend 60 bucks a year, you couldve saved up to buy more games or perhaps a new system) but if you want free online capabilities with pretty much a smooth running interface then go for Sony..

[/quote']Why would you want to pay for a bunch of games you will play for a week or two and never touch again. The 360 has more games that you can play for a long period of time because of the online play. I'v been playing Halo and Gears Of War for years. Just got back into Halo 2 because I am having more fun with this four year old game than I do with every other game out on the market. And I have been playing it for all four years.

I only planned to buy two games this year. Once GoW 2 comes out, I know I am going to be playing that for a long time.

Why would you want to pay for a bunch of games you will play for a week or two and never touch again. The 360 has more games that you can play for a long period of time because of the online play. I'v been playing Halo and Gears Of War for years. Just got back into Halo 2 because I am having more fun with this four year old game than I do with every other game out on the market. And I have been playing it for all four years.

I only planned to buy two games this year. Once GoW 2 comes out, I know I am going to be playing that for a long time.

I think you're missing the point here Battles. I'm well aware of the exclusives that xbox carries compared to that of Sony. The point here is that regardless of what system you choose in the ending, you'll more than likely see the game titles on both (this is in regards to 3rd party developers).. 360 doesn't have more titles than ps3 since both systems share ported games eg fallout 3, COD 4 and 5, bioshock, dead space, etc etc.. It all relies upon who and where you're friends play imo..

Shit, if all my boys played on 360 right now, then ok, 360 would be the best bet in this situation. However, since many of my friends don't go on live much anymore, what purpose does it have to me? some of my close friends who live out of town own a ps3 so I plan on coppin it for that purpose as well

You can play online on both systems so I'm not too sure where you're going with the "long period of time" thing.

i'm probably going to sell both when U MAD buys an N64 and SNES this weekend

I used to love playing mario party with my cousins on N64. I have no idea where to cop one now, though.

I think you're missing the point here Battles. I'm well aware of the exclusives that xbox carries compared to that of Sony. The point here is that regardless of what system you choose in the ending' date=' you'll more than likely see the game titles on both (this is in regards to 3rd party developers).. 360 doesn't have more titles than ps3 since both systems share ported games eg fallout 3, COD 4 and 5, bioshock, dead space, etc etc.. It all relies upon who and where you're friends play imo..

Shit, if all my boys played on 360 right now, then ok, 360 would be the best bet in this situation. However, since many of my friends don't go on live much anymore, what purpose does it have to me? some of my close friends who live out of town own a ps3 so I plan on coppin it for that purpose as well

You can play online on both systems so I'm not too sure where you're going with the "long period of time" thing.[/quote']I was never trying to say choose this system over that one. I was just asking people why they would want to spend hundred if not thousands on games when you can find two or three multiplayer games that you can play for a long time. Instead of buying 4 random fighting games that you won't play after the second week you own them.

xbox took a large lead but ps3 is catching up and is guaranteed to surpass xbox in solid content.

360 was the better buy for the first two years of this generation but if you are just entering now, ps3 is the way to go. developers are beginning to harness the power of ps3's cell processor and you can always count on sony to lead the way with god of war 3 and whatever the shadow of the colossus/ico team is working on right now. also, LittleBigPlanet.

if you play nothing but fps and ea sports games, stick to the 360, otherwise go ps3.

buying games outside of the blockbuster halos/gow/etc spectrum is lame unless theyre like 10 bucks, i have beaten every game ive rented inside a week and have never felt like i was missing anything not buying one

that said, i own a 360 and have been extremely happy with it, ps3 does nothing for me outside of the bluray

I have both and the 360 build quality is shit. I feel fortunate enough not to have experienced RROD, but I still get problems with the diskreader on occasion, and TODAY this shit kept freezing up on me all of a sudden. The screen would scramble and this high pitch sound would come out of my speakers. I would have to turn it off and turn it back on. happend right as I finished a game of halo and couple of times right when I joined a game.

all in all if you can deal with the hassle then i guess they're both good. ps3 would be my first choice, specially cuz blu-ray looks so good on 1080p

I'm not too entirely enthused about the 360 having it's RROD problems every so often, but shit comes with every system.

as someone had mentioned earlier, many developers are taking the next step and really pushing the ps3 to its limits. I'm looking forward to many of the AAA titles that are coming out next year.

This all said, i'm selling my 360 w/ 2 games (SF anniversary collection and Dead space), my hori ex 2 joystick, 2 wireless controllers, 2 quick charge batteries w/o the quick charge set (fuckin friend lost it), 1 wired headset, 20gb HD all for $320

shit will be on the market tonight.

Metal Gear Solid 4.(among other titles).

Blu Ray

Wi-Fi

Free Online Multiplayer

Backwards Compatibility

Also, It handles media well. I can either find movies on my wireless connection or burn DVD's and media files play perfectly on the PS3

Also you can play youtube vids on your 50 inch flatscreen whenever. (not that the quality is any better but it's just awesome)