Post your Hot and Cold Fashion Trends

RafLang

i agree with him on the paisley thing. ive been seeing a lot of paisley shirts and ties around in non-streetwear stores. theres always some kind of trendy pattern, like camo was super in for awhile where i am. or horizontal stripes which i think are still awesome. but now if a guy busted some paisley i think everyone would be like 'wow thats hip'

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

It's suppose to be Helmut Lang's last season apparently... i think helmut lang left the label after prada bought the label... and it hasnt been making any money for prada so they are dropping it... but i m sure some other fashion conglomerate will pick it up..

Yeah their jeans are quality... though some of the ones from this "last season" are pretty ugly.. probably cause helmut lang had nothing to do with them

--- Original message by RafLang on Nov 26, 2005 07:55 AM

Helmut Lang hasn't been doing too well the last few seasons, and disagreements over the direction of the company caused Helmut to leave his company. They purchased the company back in 1999 and Helmut left pretty recently, about a year ago. The most recent collection was mostly carry overs (reproduced stuff from old seasons), with filler garments designed by Jil Sander's design team. So yeah that design and overall collection quality is pretty much terrible..it was more like Jil sander and had no real focus. It was more like pieces rather than a collection.

i love this topic.

hot:

beards without moustaches, smoking, wallabees, purple, gold jewelry, tecate, baggy.

not:

moustaches without beards, patterned hoodies, plaid at all, MOON BOOTS, arabic scarves. for the last time arabic scarves, nikes, tight.

edit: do i even have to mention camo?

Edited by werdtoyourmoms on Jan 12, 2006 at 03:35 PM

so sad to see helmut go, the flagship store in toronto closed recently didn't it?

absolutely loved his stuff, bad timing when his look is coming back now too...

wonder if neil barett will come up strong? i expect tiger of sweden and costume natinoal to be pulling some weight too..

nairb49

Quote:
Quote:

HOT: paisley

LUKEWARM: horizontal stripes

COLD: plaid

FUCKING FROZEN: camo

HOT: egyptian imagery

LUKEWARM: wolf imagery

COLD: coat of arms imagery

FUCKING FROZEN: anything antler

--- Original message by siznam on Nov 26, 2005 10:37 AM

you think shes hot?

paisley-karen.jpg

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Jan 12, 2006 11:04 AM

are you sure thats a she?

www.hecklewood.com

Quote:

hot: a bathing ape, g-unit clothing company, marc ecko's new store in times square, heterosexual strip clubs

cold: being skinny, cowboy shirts, being gay, heath ledger, languages other than american

--- Original message by werdtoyourmoms on Jan 16, 2006 11:59 PM

hot: asians

cold: blacks

posted by: werdtoyourmoms on Yesterday @ 11:59 PM

hot: a bathing ape, g-unit clothing company, marc ecko's new store in times square, heterosexual strip clubs

cold: being skinny, cowboy shirts, being gay, heath ledger, languages other than american

WRONG: HEATH LEDGER IS HOTTT.. jk.. had a broke back mtn. moment..

btw. that movie is cold.

memoirs of a geisha = HOT!

"I have to go on a diet so I can fit Euro fashion.."

Haha, this entire forum is getting more and more retarded, too bad that TFS is just as horrible.. Well, atleast I got DCTMFCs posts to read, they always manage to point out the idiots in the crowd...

And by the way, why is everybody posting such fucking OBVIOUS things.

HOT: Boxed look. Leather gloves. Neon. Grey wool knitwear. Givenchy.

NOT: SuperFuture. Rock. Thrift store hunting to tell your friends you did it. ACNE.

DON'T YOU WANNA BE COOL

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by boystory on Jan 17, 2006 12:43 AM

no way:

hot: africa

cold: japan

korn feat. ice cube

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by boystory on Jan 17, 2006 12:43 AM

no way:

hot: africa

cold: japan

--- Original message by werdtoyourmoms on Jan 17, 2006 10:04 PM

hot: asians in africa

cold: blacks in japan

this is the kind of question that if anyone of us had the answer, we'd be fucking millionaires.

(Forget the fact that there is no answer to begin with.) I love the premise that no answer is right or wrong.

Every answer is the sole posession of the person answering.

That being said, I walked the Project Show yesterday with a friend who owns a boutique.

IMO, each booth looked the same. Same muted colors, same trends, same graphic treatments.

Christ, even the booths were the same except for ones that paid for the union labor to build a custom booth.

Anyway, I asked my friend "What makes you, as a buyer, walk into one booth and not the other?"

He was stumped. and this guy has an answer for everything. He finally called me this morning and told me

his brilliant response: "Have hot girls and hot guys in your booth." Then he offered this gem as far as designing your own line: "Be the same, but different."

So here's my hot and cold:

HOT: whatever trend that was presented in a booth at a trade show with hot girls and hot guys

COLD: whatever trend that was presented in a booth with the fat ugly guy that is bankrolling the whole operation

OR whatever trend that was presented in a booth by a company that is being self-financed by people that are considered less than hot......

REGARDLESS OF THE TREND.

http://www.TheLifeLtd.com

• 4 weeks later...

HOT: Skinny jeans that make your nuts hurt. Being green, New BMW 3 series wagon. Chicks that poop. Old leather shoes. Loose tee's and sweaters.

LUKE WARM: Belt printed tee's and hoodies. Obey, Undftd. Horizontal stripes, Fitted hoodies.

COLD: Vans, Converse, Nike, The entire NYC clique: Supreme, Clientele, 360 Toy Group, Recon, Futura, Anything Kaws...just old news boys hope you saved some cash.

FROZEN: Rims, big assed chicks, Bape, Stussy, White AF 1's, Vintage Ltd denim, distressed tee's, Monarchy, Grail, Salvage and every other immitator. Anything Ltd Edition (Phonie's). Italian Designers.

• 8 months later...
Guest Fade to Black

djrajio i'm with you on the nuthuggers...for me:

hot: the 'non-thought' approach to dressing, utilitarianism, experimenting with volume (i.e. going against the standard approach that everything has to have a 'perfect fit')

cold: girls who fart =P

Hot: nostalgia, girls in boots, wearing the same thing everyday

Cold: The "Urban Toddler" (BAPE,Baby Milo[wtf is baby milo anyway?], Greedy Genius, Ice Cream), girls in North Face Fleece jackets and Ugg boots, skinny black males wearing true religion jeans, checkered vans, aviator sunglasses and a blazer/hoody combo (I think they sell this as a package somewhere), that striped hoody from H&M that everyone has