Imperial Jeans

nairb49

sounds like a good deal to me...

I really wish I could somehow stretch the hip area of my Imperials out a bit. I probably should have sized up one. They hardly get any wear anymore since the fit is so much nicer on my Flatheads :(

I know this denim is pretty stuborn, anyone have any luck with wet/damp stretching?

If you dampen 'em just put em on and shove your hand down your pants and stay like that for a while, haha. should work.

It should stretch out fairly quickly without being damp. Couple of days tops. Some even managed to size down 1.

haha, ya... only problem is I've been wearing them in rotation for 8 months now! They stretched out a fair bit but not really enough to wear them where I want to. The rise is pretty huge compared to anything else I have.

edit: going in the wash... first pair of jeans I've washed in 14 months!

hopefully I can stretch these out a bit while they are wet so I'll want to wear them more!

8mo- probably somewhere around 3-4 actual wear

DSC04235.jpg

DSC04236.jpg

washed them warm, wore them right out of the wash till they dried.

I also put a towel down both thighs and tried to button them up as far as I could... This was fairly painful and not really recommended but I did manage to stretch them to the point where they don't HURT my hips when I wear them.

DSC04244.jpg

DSC04245.jpg

nice^ i did something similar to mine but as a pre-soak, will do the same after a wash how ever

...actually been considering of tapering my dukes from the knee down, anyone know of a tailor in nyc who would do the job from the inseam[not outseam]. im left under the impression the tailor would have to cut the whole leg, true? idk just a thought tho, any comments welcome.

Kings still for sale. I don't feel like having a tailor take the slight boot cut out of these(they would end up like dukes with a little more room in the thighs, a couple people have already tried this, with good results). Tailoring plus the price I'm selling these for is still cheaper than anywhere else.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=50631

Just got my first pair of Dukes in the mail yesterday;wearing them today already. After all I've read, despite my being a 34 in a lot of jeans, I got a 36 in these, given everyone's mentioning the tight hips of the jeans. I really like them. They fit like a slim-straight fit, no taper, which I prefer but I need to cuff them enough to keep em from dragging. I hemmed them to 32 but they still drag without a small turn up. I suspect I don't wear them like the majority of sufu'ers, i.e., I can't feel my testicles because my pants have ruined my ability to push blood into my scrotum tight, but I do like a slim jean, and these do give me what I wanted.

-Jake

Just got my first pair of Dukes in the mail yesterday;wearing them today already. After all I've read, despite my being a 34 in a lot of jeans, I got a 36 in these, given everyone's mentioning the tight hips of the jeans. I really like them. They fit like a slim-straight fit, no taper, which I prefer but I need to cuff them enough to keep em from dragging. I hemmed them to 32 but they still drag without a small turn up. I suspect I don't wear them like the majority of sufu'ers, i.e., I can't feel my testicles because my pants have ruined my ability to push blood into my scrotum tight, but I do like a slim jean, and these do give me what I wanted.

-Jake

Dam, im about a 30 in jeans and i just ordered a 29. ahhh well

If my APC NS are a 31, my RRDS are a 32, what size should I get in the Dukes?

Thanks~!

Get a 32 in Dukes too.. here's the size chart and all:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=184

so question. can anyone further explain to me the difference from cold soak and hot soak. and the effects of how long you soak it. what does it matter? i have a pair of black dukes not SEXI's and im tryna get fade but its been difficult. been wearin em about 7 months now. should i wait to soak em?

so question. can anyone further explain to me the difference from cold soak and hot soak. and the effects of how long you soak it. what does it matter? i have a pair of black dukes not SEXI's and im tryna get fade but its been difficult. been wearin em about 7 months now. should i wait to soak em?

Purpose of soaking is to shrink them jeans. Hot = more shrinkage, cold = less.

You can choose to soak instead of washing 'em....to retain more starch. Totally up to you.

If you're trying to fade through washing/soaking, it'll be a futile effort.

ya it was just the knee down, didn't think it would make such a difference, but thats nothing a hot soak can't fix, i stretched the hell outta of the thigh area, can't say the same for the hip area tho