"i got the red and black lumberjack"

bornwithit

What does everyone think about the red and black buffalo plaid jackets. They have been around forever and never seem to go out of style. In particular, I'm talkin wool with something like a polyester lining, two button chest pockets, fairly rigid structure. Personally, I'm feelin it. Let me know.

lord forgive him, he got those dark forces in him

Quote:
Quote: personally i think since they blew up so quickly...

I hate to break it to you but Pendletons have been rocked since forever. Think greeser, grundge, early 90's NY hip hop, etc...

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Nov 15, 2005 06:42 PM

obviously they've always been 'around', but in the last few months they've been on an upswing, you can't argue with that...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: personally i think since they blew up so quickly...

I hate to break it to you but Pendletons have been rocked since forever. Think greeser, grundge, early 90's NY hip hop, etc...

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Nov 15, 2005 06:42 PM

obviously they've always been 'around', but in the last few months they've been on an upswing, you can't argue with that...

--- Original message by boystory on Nov 15, 2005 07:46 PM

The redux for this trend's been in the works for about the past 2 years. Dsquared based an entire collection on the look last winter, naturally Diesel followed suit and everyone else did shortly there after.

Not really feeling it personally. The look was done for me back in '94. As a side note, Diesel also tried to push the old striped canvas hoodies last year too to coincide with the Lumberjacks. Those however I suppose didn't take

[

Edited by Circa on Nov 15, 2005 at 09:33 PM

yah, i don't like it too much.

i'm from rural ontario so it's basically a staple i've seen around forever...they're totally functional and warm and awesome, and i've been known to wear one from time to time (especially when i was doing my whole 'emo/indie rock' thing in high school)...but i'm pretty 'whatever' on them from a fashion standpoint.

shit moves so quickly now that even when something starts to get 'cool', internet message board fucks like us throw them down before they even get a chance...it's kind of amazing.

nothing is any good if someone else likes it.

ive been looking for the Stussy "New Plaid Fit" shirt for a minute. Seems to only be available in Japan. I need the black/white one with the red/black interior. (reversable). stussy direct won't be getting these so ive been told. don't quote me.

FI1863495_0E.jpg

Edited by edwin on Nov 21, 2005 at 09:03 PM

Pendleton product last for ever and is one of the best american made wool

products you can buy. They go way further back than the 80's in fact they

have a retro 60's line that was big in the surf seen back in the day. I have

had them all my life and have a few from my dad he had in the 50/60's

they look like they were made yesterday.

Not feeling the red/black but like most all their other color combos. Just

stay away from the southwest/indian blanket stuff.