what camera you holding?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I've got the Finepix Z.1 too. It's beautiful but takes horrible picture. I'm going back to Canon.

--- Original message by Marcus on Nov 1, 2005 12:57 PM

agree agree. I only bought it for the compactness. My nikon coolpix 2nd generation 3.4MP still beats Fuji's any day.

I GRIP THIS EOS 20D DIGITAL FOR ONLINE IMAGES AND WORK. SHIT'S DOPE. MAD CONTOLS

B0002XNREQ.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ON OCCASION I HOLD THE 'ROID SLR 690. TOP OF LINE UNIT. TAKES AMAZING PICS. ADJ. CONTRAST AND FOCUS. HAS A MACRO ALSO. IT FOLDS FLAT. PERFECT FOR DIRTY WORK

slr690_2711.jpg

slr680_close.jpg

I GOT A GRIP OF THESE LAYING AROUND TOO. TAKE THE WRAPPER OFF SO YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE A TOURIST. WHEN THE ROLLS DONE. CRACK THEM OPEN FOR YOUR BONUS AA BATTERY.

QUICKSNAP-FLASH400.jpg

VINZ

HOW'S THAT NIKON? I WAS LOOKING AT THAT ONE AWHILE BACK..

SHIT IS WACK BUT I LIKE CAPSâ„¢

I'm using a Canon AE-1 for film and I need a new digital.

I had a Canon A-70 for three years it worked great but it was dropped one too many times and is now toasted.

My girl is a pro and gets these insane loaner cameras from her agency. The things are so good they make consumer cameras seem like toys.

Here's what I have in my collection:

Olympus Stylus 400. My daily use point and shoot. This thing's a monster. Been through SO much abuse, you wouldn't believe.

225375.jpg

1963 Olympus Pen F HAlf Frame Camera. It's a work of art. I still use it a few times a month. Photography is disgustingly fun with this thing.

200408_camera.jpg

Canon AE-1 Program. A tank of a camera. My only SLR. I have a few grand worth of lenses for this thing which is why I'm hesitant to upgrade to Digital SLR. I'ld have to pay an arm and a leg to match this thing lens for lens... But It's becoming more tempting day after day.

CanonAEPst.jpg

Polaroid SX-70 2. Overyone should own one of these. Endless fun.

sx70_2.jpg

I also have a few toy cameras, Holgas with 35mm mods, pen mods, half frame, etc. All fun little experiments.

I'd love to purchase a Leica D-Lux 2 because of it's format options and serious fucking beauty.

1.gif

Same goes for the Leica Digilux 2

8.gif

Also I'd die for a Canon EOS 20D and a Hasselblad medium format monster, but... I need more loot.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Edited by TragicBliss on Nov 2, 2005 at 09:01 PM

honestly. i dont know why people buy little point and shoot pocket cameras that are 5mp and up. those cameras are just made for quick little snapshots at parties and what not... you're never going to capture an image worth enlarging up to 8x10 or larger with that little lens. megapixels determine the size of the image, not the quality of the image. point and shoots dont need to have any more than 3-4 megapixels, but its a great marketing technique to keep making cameras smaller and yet increase the megapixels on them so that people think they're going to be taking better shots. just an FYI.

with that, i shoot with a 5 megapixel sony dsc-v1.

sony-dscv1-i1.jpg

had it for 2 years, its decent for what it is - very low noise camera. it's a prosumer (i have manual options to set shutter speed, aperture, iso, etc) and it does the job. i'd like a digital SLR but funds just dont allow it right now. here's something i took in lisbon 2 months ago... for now, i dont think i need anything better just yet:

50348421_e2c433b379_o.jpg

3sixteen fabrications // new york city.

http://www.3sixteen.com

thas wassup

Quote: VINZ

HOW'S THAT NIKON? I WAS LOOKING AT THAT ONE AWHILE BACK..

The 7900 is good, the images are pretty good. Low light it's okay, I wish it was better. It has enough features for a point and shoot.

I had some problems with the camera crashing though. Every so often I would take a pic and when I preview it on the camera it would freeze. I don't know if it was my card or not since I don't have another card to test with blah blah blah it's a long story.

www.youngestincharge.com

www.opticalweapons.com

• 1 year later...