Places of Higher Learning

Miyavi

you guys can eat a CREAM sandwich for me while I'm stuck in central CA :(

straight cravin'

cream blows, and before that, beard papa blew, and before that... well now my memory is getting hazy. but where are you at man? Fresno State?

edit: but if you want, i'll send you one! hahahaha

cream blows, and before that, beard papa blew, and before that... well now my memory is getting hazy. but where are you at man? Fresno State?

edit: but if you want, i'll send you one! hahahaha

haha nah not fresno :P

cream satisfies my want for diddy riese (for the time being)

1) in state tuition

2) academic interests: for example, Cal shits on HYP's face in the sciences. the other Ivys arent even worth mentioning in this regard. and even in most other departments, Cal is pretty much top 3 or top 5. with the notable exception of Wharton, there really is no academically justifiable reason why someone from cali should choose an ivy school instead. i mean, what, you gonna go for Harvard's "prestigious" english program? get the fuck outta here

3) transferring into Cal is much easier than transferring into most top ivys and top privates (duke, gtown, etc.)

i find it rather comical that people from California only apply to school in California. Have you not heard of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, brown, Dartmouth, upenn?

the sound of an ivy-league school rings better as a masters or doctorate. and UC Berkeley or UCLA both give a great starting point when looking into getting into that category of graduate students who get the east coast experience as well.

the sound of an ivy-league school rings better as a masters or doctorate. and UC Berkeley or UCLA both give a great starting point when looking into getting into that category of graduate students who get the east coast experience as well.

i cannot stress this point enough. if you have any plan (either tentative or definite) to attend graduate/professional school, dont pay out your ass for an undergrad education. always go cheap.*

*this does not always apply to undergrad business schools, engineering and other specialized fields. e.g., you should probably go to MIT/Cal Tech for engineering over Ball State University, even if the latter is cheaper; same for Wharton over people's business college.

congrats to those who got into the schools of their choice! I remember it was 2 years ago I was in the same position and i applied to ucla, ucb, and ucsd and the major i applied to for ucla which is known to be really easy to get into got shut down due to budget cuts so i was -_- but i came to ucsd and i can't believe 2 years already went by and im graduating in a month. Have fun at whichever college and make sure to balance school and playing. College is such a huge experience of your life and I honesetly am sad to be gradating because i will never have my college years back again which is why i even enjoy studying and doing all nighters these days because these are the college times ill cherish.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to think about where I'm going to apply next year.

Would love to go to Oregon, but I would need to receive a lot of money to convince my parents to let me go across the country. Also looking at Michigan State, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, and maybe Temple, a completely different school, but whatever.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...