Black Rimmed Nerdy Glasses Thread

ken shinoda

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the Lemtosh a few months ago at the LES store when I visited NYC a few months ago. The quality is terrible. It seemed like it would fall apart in 2 weeks.

Facial Index NY used to carry Taihachiro's at one point but they don't have it any more.

Optician Lloyd in Harajuku tends to have the best selection but the spot's gotten so blown up that it's nearly impossible to find the good taihachiro models.

I just got a pair of Effector Phaser II Black / White from Optical Cradle in Aoyama. I like the way taihachiro sits better on my nose but I like the fact that effector offers a lot of interesting looking models.

I was deciding between Fuzz-small or the NBHD x Effector pair.

I also have another pair that I bought from Zoff Omotesando. Look like taihachiro's but they were 12,000 with nikon lens included.

There's another spot in Tokyo that sells Taihachiro (including the premium line) but I'd rather keep that joint on the DL.

If you are willing to spend 40,000 yen, Tenderloin x Hakusan is another solid choice. You can find them at Hakusan Walls off of Cat Street in Shibuya.

Tart Arnells and Lemtosh are for sheeps.

I tried the Lemtosh a few months ago at the LES store when I visited NYC a few months ago. The quality is terrible. It seemed like it would fall apart in 2 weeks.

Facial Index NY used to carry Taihachiro's at one point but they don't have it any more.

Optician Lloyd in Harajuku tends to have the best selection but the spot's gotten so blown up that it's nearly impossible to find the good taihachiro models.

I just got a pair of Effector Phaser II Black / White from Optical Cradle in Aoyama. I like the way taihachiro sits better on my nose but I like the fact that effector offers a lot of interesting looking models.

I was deciding between Fuzz-small or the NBHD x Effector pair.

I also have another pair that I bought from Zoff Omotesando. Look like taihachiro's but they were 12,000 with nikon lens included.

There's another spot in Tokyo that sells Taihachiro (including the premium line) but I'd rather keep that joint on the DL.

If you are willing to spend 40,000 yen, Tenderloin x Hakusan is another solid choice. You can find them at Hakusan Walls off of Cat Street in Shibuya.

Tart Arnells and Lemtosh are for sheeps.

Do you have fit pics? Are there any online suppliers?

I'd like to buy new eyeglasses asap, 'cause my old ones fell apart.

Other suggestions?

Does anyone recommend a frame or even owns one, that on one hand has a modern thick black body but without screaming wayfarers?

I like the look of these, but they seem like exact copies of the ray ban and I'm kinda looking to move away from following everyone else.

I've tried these on and they look very nice. Vintage black body but I would say every detail the glasses have does something different than a wayfarer.

FRWY_EB_%20SIDE_SM.jpg

shuron, freeway

• 1 month later...

I am so glad this thread exist! :)

Personally I am such a sucker for guys with thick nerdy glasses. Haha. ;)

Anyways..

I´m sharing here my Cuttler and Gross. Been wearing these ones for almost 2 years now and I am still loving them. They survived a BAD bike accident! :D

KopievanFriApr2418-59-51.jpg

KopievanFriApr2419-15-19.jpg

Bought them at an amazing optic in the Hague called Azami.

These babies cost me 305 euros for the frames only. Paid like 500 euros in total. A LOT of money but I guess it´s for my face so it was worth it.

I am now currently looking for the perfect second pair! And I tried these DITA glasses 2 days ago. I am loving them! But they cost like 445 euros frames only. DAMN.

photo11-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

so i got glasses in bangkok today and after the fact i learned they are women's frames. none of the glasses are separated and they kept giving me different pairs then said these were the best.

i realize at 26 i shouldn't give a shit if they are men's or women's if they fit my face but i am having that internal debate whether to keep them or get rid of them. i just don't want feminine glasses.

yay or nay?

these are the frames.

350__1_EA-9513---AQM.jpg

and these are the frames on me.

06152009034.jpg

06152009045.jpg

Picked up a left over pair of Geller Joseph Frames today at work.

3633391393_c666664cf4_o.jpg

Hard to tell but they're a dark turtle shell brown. Replaced my old vintage black frames I bought at Fabulous Fanny's a while ago cause they're worn to shit. I like the largeness of the lense area, but I miss the dip my old pair had at the bridge. The bridge on the geller's go straight across at the top. The gellers are slightly thicker all around and noticably heavier.

4284_537454380297_34601903_32034143_4669639_n.jpg

Old frames for reference. Excuse the cupcake mess.

• 1 month later...

Bit undecided on which frames to kop.

I've tried these two on already.

AA259.jpg

and

AAFitzB.jpg

The first fit's fine and is smaller than the second one on the face. My nose is of the large "button" variety so i'm not sure i could pull off the larger frame of the second pair.

The last pair i'm interested in has yet to tried on as i can't find it (physically) in any shops.

AA312.jpg

I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle and wait asking the shop to order these in so i can try them on. I think these look more masculine than the first pair and they both cost exactly the same. So any opinions on what to do?