Ichigo100%

Street Fighter Thread

Playing Super SFII Turbo on my PSP. Shit is pretty hard, even on easiest setting:

Friend: WHAT DO I DO WHAT DOI DIODHOW

Me: QUARTER CIRCLE FORWARD & PUNCH

Friend: *u, u/f, f + HP*

you playing it on mame?

the US version is impossible

ssf2x is reg

Nah, this is on a CPS2 emulator for PSP.

I'd be all over 2D fighters online if I was any good at them, shit is just too frantic for me. I'm at SFEX2 pace. :(

random tidbit for ppl who want alt costumes from different sets:

Super Street Fighter IV: Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $17.99)

i just copped the set that came out today, Fei Long's is too good not to, also Gen is in there ^__^

k_h7d5W6fKU

fast forward to 2:30 if you wanna see evil ryu and oni if you missed the footage before capcom took it down like me

got my stick dualmodded, PSN tag is jebeebus hit me up!

012420111462.jpg

i dropped by the arcade real quick lol

capcom coming down hard on arcades with those chars unlocked, pretty lame.

finally got a copy of SSFIV. Need to dust off the Hori, anyone want easy wins hit me up.

PSN: techyvillain

beating someone clearly better than me: priceless, i bet he was mad.

Jv7P2Y3ndS0

got my stick dualmodded, PSN tag is jebeebus hit me up!

added you jebeebus, i was the rose you played with royale

ggs royale!

EDIT: oh, and when i sent you the message saying "rage lol" i was talking about how the guy playing me left the match . ragequit

i know lol i was about to ragequit after that one match with your rose, EVERY round you had absolutely no life bar left and somehow won haha

got back from playing AE.. fck i am pretty bad, only won once.

tick throws r super effective.. idk why im doing the option select crouchtech too, arcade vs online is way diff. oh well. makoto, guy, ken, and hell.. hakan were nicely buffed. ibuki too i think…

how do you cancel out of focus attacks like that? I need to get my basics down

well, what do you mean? there are two relevant ways

if you mp + mk to threaten focus, you can dash forward with f. f., or dash back b. b. If you connect with the focus attack (mp + mk, release) you can input a dash forward or dash back to follow up if the FA connects and your opponent crumples,

or if your FA is released and is blocked, you can dash back to retreat (or dash forward for pressure i suppose)

then in the middle of your moves (normals and specials i think), with at least 1 bar of meter you can mp + mk to cancel into focus attack (you will turn yellow to indicate meter burning)

the most practical application of this is to focus attack then cancel out of it with dash: FADC ( focus attack dash cancel). FADC backwards to escape a punishable situation (ie, blocked shoryu) or to complete combos (ie successful shoryu xx fadc xx ultra) or whatever

i might be wrong i am a noob but this is what i know

you got it down pretty much nard, but telling you now if this was 2 years ago when vanilla came out, i wouldn't know what you were talking about in that post, just putting this out there for anyone who was confused cause i have been in that situation. not saying zubin is new to the game(just assuming)

here's a video tutorial on the system of focus attack's zubin, i didn't watch it but it looks pretty legit.

nivXAQ4VvSk

nard and i are planning to play some time tonight, maybe royale can join in also if he wants

ill add you

EDIT: jebeebus, one of us will inv you if you're on

cool..maybe not tonight..but hope to play w you guys soon..ill apologize in advance for my scrubbiness :s

oh hey guys, I will scrub it up too.

i'm down. personally i think FADCing to cancel a blocked attack is a waste of EX, just take the punishment and use that EX offensively, like in nard's case an EX throw lol