Possible to buy normal sized clothing in Tokyo?

jacf29

It's about 3 weeks before I move to Tokyo and I'm freaking out about having to buy as much clothing as possible before the move because I hear the clothes they sell in Tokyo are specifically tailored for small sized people (like the Japanese). I am by no means big. I'm a male with a size 31 waist line. Do I need to go crazy buying stuff before I leave?

Thanks, Jason.

I leave for Tokyo in one week, and yes, what heard is correct. Shirts sizes are generally only 3,2, and 1. 3 being largest which is equivalent to US Medium. Shoes, 98% of the places you will go - even big international brands - carry US 8 equivalent as their largest size. Pants on the other hand, should be no problem.

Stock up on patagonia, marmot, solomon boots, and ems in the US, as they are very expensive in japan, in most cases 2-3x more than the US.

Damn I'm almost thinking of buying some before I go and reselling in Japan (while keeping a pair for myself).

the market for consignment goods is really shitty in japan.

shit like arcteryx is very expensive though.

you should buy lots of american eagle before goingn there. girls love broz.

japanese people are actually normal sized.

it's you americans who fuckin' put on too much weight and expect the world to follow your 'average' size.

whoa calm down there buddy. Yeah there are a crapload of overweight and obese ppl in america, but i'm talking about the taller bigger built people. You can be big and muscular yet unable to fit into standard japanese clothing.

the market for consignment goods is really shitty in japan.

shit like arcteryx is very expensive though.

you should buy lots of american eagle before goingn there. girls love broz.

So the j-women like the dudz with american eagle? I may pick up a few pieces if it looks good. But I generally don't like the selection at American eagle.

i dunno.

shoes larger than 10 or 10.5 are pretty hard to find unless they are like athletic sneakers, visvims, and etc.

i know diet butcher hightops in size 3 are around 11. stores dont even buy shoes bigger than 10 most of the time.

10.5 - 11 must be the biggest sizes available. my friend had size 12 feet and he could never find shoes in his size. he was fiending for some new balances.

I dunno your budget, but you can easily find stuff. Most of the higher-end, slim stuff like lad musician, undercover, number nine, etc. should fit you fine in the larger sizes. Amerikaji brands like 45 rpm are like specifically tailored with the western body in mind. Cheaper stuff like uniqlo and muji offer a full range of sizes. You shouldn't even sweat it.

I would say pack light and bring lots of money with you. The shit you can buy over there blows away most of the stuff you'll find in the states.

I dunno your budget, but you can easily find stuff. Most of the higher-end, slim stuff like lad musician, undercover, number nine, etc. should fit you fine in the larger sizes. Amerikaji brands like 45 rpm are like specifically tailored with the western body in mind. Cheaper stuff like uniqlo and muji offer a full range of sizes. You shouldn't even sweat it.

I would say pack light and bring lots of money with you. The shit you can buy over there blows away most of the stuff you'll find in the states.

Thanks. I'll hold off on a bit until I get there. It's too late on a few things. I just bought a pair of deisel and a pair of seven. Can't return them either since I got them tailor fit.

Thanks. I'll hold off on a bit until I get there. It's too late on a few things. I just bought a pair of deisel and a pair of seven. Can't return them either since I got them tailor fit.

you should get some dolce jeans. J-girls love it when guys dont hesitate to drop some serious papers on them dolce jeans. diesel and seven is so 2003 and is so O-U-T.

you should get some dolce jeans. J-girls love it when guys dont hesitate to drop some serious papers on them dolce jeans. diesel and seven is so 2003 and is so O-U-T.

its all about Hysteric Glamour, Mr Olive jeans son!!!!1