What are you craving today?

showbiz00ditc

http://http.cdnlayer.com/smoola/00/00/60/2cddeb0049359fc6_m.jpg

chee cheong fun... i would pay so much money to have this in front of me right now. gotta be from those street vendors. lots of peanut & sweet sauce (only HK has the red sweet sauce too..) & sesame...

word i'm fuckin with this right now

microwavable shit

just soy and sesame oil holla

4287799935_c8e354d218.jpg

shark fin soup

sorry to the sharkwater fans. i don't support the way this stuff is harvested but fuck me if i won't finish your bowl for you too

I used to be one of the top 3 yelpers in the DC area, until I posted a joke review of sharkfin soup, including pictures of that dude petting a great white with the caption "traditional method of harvesting".

Then I wrote a review about Koronet's in NYC and how if you want to fuck a girl at Columbia, you need to take her there after going out.

Yelp started deleting my reviews without asking because they were "inappropriate" and I just shut it down and deleted the fuck out of everything.

Honestly though? never had the soup at all. What does it taste like?

I used to be one of the top 3 yelpers in the DC area, until I posted a joke review of sharkfin soup, including pictures of that dude petting a great white with the caption "traditional method of harvesting".

Then I wrote a review about Koronet's in NYC and how if you want to fuck a girl at Columbia, you need to take her there after going out.

Yelp started deleting my reviews without asking because they were "inappropriate" and I just shut it down and deleted the fuck out of everything.

Honestly though? never had the soup at all. What does it taste like?

the soup itself has a very inoffensive taste.. if i had to describe it i would say a thicker version of chicken stock. i'm not sure of the traditional way to serve it but i've had it with jinhua ham, bean sprouts, crab meat and dried chinese mushrooms. at the more peasant places you might get stuff like shredded chicken, vermicelli as filler.

as for the shark fin itself.. it tastes like nothing. it's consumed for the texture which i can only describe as cartilagey. chewy when overcooked and has a small bit of crunch to it. to be honest it's more of a "status" dish when someone is treating you to it than a culinary treat.

the soup itself has a very inoffensive taste.. if i had to describe it i would say a thicker version of chicken stock...

interesting. must spread rep.

ive never had it before so i really want to know how suckling pig is. since i love the pork im assuming that ill be in heaven with that.

pig1.jpg

but in the mean time i could really go for a decent banh-mi, which is probably just as difficult to find as the first thing here in seoul