Superfuture Weekly Sketch Group

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was bored/found a red colored pencil, so I did one on this weeks theme... may do another, in which case, THIS post will be edited (like you asked Duck).

25 minutes, pencil + red colored pencil. Study for the sandbox taken from the internet.

"The Devil's Playground"

2776216619_14e30295ae.jpg

EDIT: I find that its more three dimensional from the angle I was drawing it at... oops.

I'm a bit behind but I finally managed to scan my gasmask drawing in. I can't wear gasmasks - I think it might be an issue with my minor claustrophobia. I was going to take a picture of myself looking terrified but I figured for a 45 minute sketch it would be alright just to use the most frightened looking man I could quickly find on the internet.

ianfacelv9.jpg

45 Minutes in Pen onto paper looking at face onscreen

texturedls3.jpg

15 Minutes of Photoshop (Coloring and Texturing)

Face starts to look a little too close to original photo after texturing but the original drawing was helpful. I'm trying to work on reducing and stylizing faces (maintaing a fair deal of realism) for a comic project I'm starting to play around with so this was essentially my first study for that.

Face starts to look a little too close to original photo after texturing but the original drawing was helpful. I'm trying to work on reducing and stylizing faces (maintaing a fair deal of realism) for a comic project I'm starting to play around with so this was essentially my first study for that.

i sometimes find it extremely difficult to get a realistic drawing that is reduced to only the necessairy parts...especially when working in b/w...

my favourite artist to get it right is mike mignola...i have the hellboy hardcover editions that are b/w and they are a great inspiration! check them out if you can (but the first comics, seed of destruction and the devil awakes, i don't really like his recent style...)

best idea for a thread in a bit.

great work all.

lord oak seriously kicks ass. i love your line quality.

this isnt really a dino, a gas mask or satanic but i guess has elements of all three and i want to post so fuck it.

this is old but i will try to do something new for next week.

"star cock" acrylic, marker and paint pen on maple. about five or six hours...

waywt30022vk0.jpg

ryuk.jpg

quick and dirty.. ryuk from deathnote (i dont really like this show actually)

15 min

f grade pencil

no refs

scanner sucks..spent like 30 sec in photoshop trying to fix brightness/contrast to look like it does on the page but i suspect i fucked it up more

you really do, this is with a bunch of dry brushes, painter is a whole different world than photoshop, everything reacts exactly how it would on paper, watercolors bleed, you can make a palette and scribble colors together just as you would with normal paint, it's pretty amazing how it not only recreates colors but also texture depending on how thick your brush is/what type of paint you're using, if you have a wacom it's definitely worth getting, i think you'll be impressed by it's capabilities, i have fun just scribbling with different shit and watching how it reacts, there's a slight delay after you make a stroke for watercolors and a few others to let them react to the paper, pretty neat though