Generation Kill

homi29

This show is by the same people who made the wire i believe.

it's on HBO and it's an incredibly accurate and entertaining depiction of the war in Iraq.

I believe its a mini movie similar to band of brothers and the first few episodes have been riveting.

If you have the chance to watch/DL this please do

http://www.hbo.com/generationkill/

Guest chemi

I finally watched all the episodes. I thought it was ok but I wonder if I would have bothered to watch this if not for the Burns/Simon involvement. It's not for shortcomings in the show per se but more like a weariness of seeing a war fictionalized (even if this was based on non-fiction) when it's still going on as we speak. But then again The Wire did get me over the whole cop show redudancy.

it's funny you mention the fictonalized part of it. you basically fell right into what the author was talking about in the end of the book. basically, the book humanizes the war, as opposed to seeing it how we see it, which is like a video game, GTA4 is what Fick compares it to. Read the book, it's such an easy and interesting read.

The book kicks the ass! I read it on a ski vacation with my ex about 4 years ago or whenever it came out. A lot of really good moments to share, but not a ton of shit happening or going down, which might just be what war really is anyway, waiting around to kill people and get in the shit.

Willard said it best i guess~

"Saigon … shit; I'm still only in Saigon … Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle. When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle."