6 foot club

mrip

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a MJ dynamic dunk skybox(?) card I got in a pack, back in 95 or something... I got the solid plastic case for and everything... I ended up swapping it for some shitty hologram euwing card, the becket said it was worth $50 back then, but no one would buy it...

Beef be big, so he gotta drink the big Cal-Pis cans.

yo what happened to sports cards

used to just be 1 of every player, and like 10 specialz or whatever

now they got all types of special shit, and not even all of them are worth a lot. and you got jersey cards and shit. what the fuckk

remember when people tried to strategically pick out their packs. that was funny. and then there were the wackass shops that wouldn't let you pick em

during primary school EVERYONE was into NBA cards. Shit was all through school, then on weekends would go the this seedy store to buy new packs and trade with kids and shit, the owner was like the comic book guy from the simpsons. all the card stores closed around 96... scene just dissapeared...

also I used to walk to the shop to buy cricket cards, that came with a piece of gum, cards always smelled nice like gum... gum was shit though

i was the last human on earth to buy those cards for the gum. Sometimes I'd open up a pack from like 1975 and chew the gum from it for kicks. I probably still have cases of unopened packs, maybe I'll check out that gum tonight.

u know those old Topps cards with the orange backs? People used to get sooo pissed if they got a whole stack of wankers and then the one good card was the back card that had the gum stain on it, hahaha. I wrecked tons of cards by taking an eraser to the print and then re-drawing dudes faces with like tomatoes and fish heads.

THe only thing I carried in my school bag other than my lunch was a card flip file. I had it in order by team, and then specials at the back.

Buying a fresh pack and going through it was like crack for kids... unless kids were actually doing crack, then they probably dont give a shit about cards.

i didnt take jack shit to school knowin that punk mothafuckas would try to hustle me outta possessions for diluted chocolate milk. i wasnt on dat tip, until i hired a few goons, and took their turf out from under em, consolidated their funds into one large monopoly and thugged it hardcore on dem recess jungle gyms. tax your ass if you step on my territory?

you wanna ride the slide? get off your gotdamn chocolate drink

ante up

I used to play nude doctor with the neighbor girl til her older sister snitched on us. Then when we were like a Romeo and Juliet separated because of my pervy ways, I started to pick flowers and just ram the stem into a cup of dirt, and sell them to her in secret, 20 cents a pop.

*circa 1987

Now that girl is a hot CWG

We used to do that nude doctor thing in her attic, in her treehouse, in her bedroom, under this huge tree/jungle thing in my backyard, where she'd strip down buck naked and I'd just poke at her bits. Come to think of it, it was a major step in my life.

I am the exiled sex fiend doctor, turned gardener, turned reformed sex fiend, turned alcoholic, turned writer. I like that.

After we got done examining her, her mom used to make us a snack downstairs. I'm thinking back now and that's all I remember playing with that girl, nude doctor.

The 2 things all Australian kids had in their backyards in the 1980's: one of those above-ground pools under some banana trees, and a rusty ass trampoline. When aforementioned older sister used to get on that fucker, she'd always launch my 5 year old ass like 10 feet in the air, and I'd always go flying and impale myself on something. So i guess that is why I turned to nude examinations, I got hurt too much as a kid. :(

tyro, you're right, it was kind of fucked up now that I think about it. That girl loved to get naked for me though, and we were in the same pre-school class, too, so we'd do the doctor thing but tone it down all G-rated when at school. Is this my first relationship? Fuck me, the revelations that have come from talking about baseball cards...

i collected marvel comic cards mainly

i briefly had sports cards

i remember when my local comic store closed down

sad day

i spent so much time and money chillin there readin comics, buyin comic cards, pokemon cards

I always feel like the two default ice breakers for new people I meet are:

1) "You're tall, do you play basketball?"

or

2) "Wow, you're tall for an azn. Do you play basketball?"

if I was tall enough for people to ask me that, I'd probably punch motherfuckers. its like asking a fat person if they eat constantly or an ugly dude if hes into bowling. perhaps slightly less offensive but equally annoying.

I'm only 6' and not super skinny so I don't have that lanky look. and apparently I look slightly shorter in pictures than I do in real life.

also who can dunk? I'm not very athletic, so my verticle leap is shiiiit... but I can palm the ball and get close, if i worked on it for a week solid I reckon I could do it.

I can touch the hoop without a ball in my hand, but bball in the UK isn't too popular, so I'm just going to use lack of conditioning as an excuse for not being able to do shit.

But I'm only just in the 6ft club.