Denim shorts * Cutoffs

naturaljax

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
^ I completely agree! Maybe it's because they're worn in already, maybe it's just the attitude. Don't know, anyway like it!

Think my legs are too long for short though.

man this thread makes me wanna try wearin denim shorts...havent done so since like 6th grade.
the only problem is i think my legs r too hairy to wear shorts, thats a big reason i dont wear shorts....fuckin hairy legs.

thanks all, i HATE denim shorts that are supposed to be shorts, like someone earlier in this thread said, they just bring up images of dorky old guys whos whole wardrobe is from sears or little 6th grade boys like fndmybetterhalf said, whos mom still gets them dressed in the morning

so im not entirely sure what makes me like these so much, probably the cut, slimmer and more like saggy bermuda shorts than normal jorts, i wouldnt ever wear them^ if the legs were wider than they are, plus theyre such a comfy reprieve from wearing 19oz jeans every once in a while, i dont know if ill be able to keep up the long jeans habit in the florida summer's heat, so i reckon these are a pretty decent alternative to getting in your denim fix

im 6' 0" Cotton Duck, so im pretty tall, dont know how tall you are, but just like with normal jeans, im sure you just have to find the right fit/rise/length, ive also done this with another old pair of chick jeans i never wore anymore

vvoc, my legs are fairly hairy, just get a tan and its not nearly as much of an eyesore, ive even seen guys in short shorts with hairy legs before, pulling it off is definately possible, unless, i guess, if youre the wolfman. its mostly attitude though id say, being confident in what you wear and other people seeing that you are is what really makes or breaks any garment in my opinion

So I think these would be the solution to everyones issues on denim shorts 14901_01_p.jpg

They're called clam diggers although I'd hope everyone's aware of that.

These are okay if:

1) You're an obnoxious hipster

2)You're a girl

3) You're at self edge's April event

But maybe we have to do a lesson on denim again since we're in a thread called denim shorts right now.

i have a friend who's into punk and he cut his jeans like halfway at the shins and people think he's wearing capris. apparently people don't know what's up. lol. east bay punk woo!

denim shorts are pretty cool, but i can't do it 'cause i have those really pale, hairless, chinese legs. good luck to you!

this thread has made me REALLY REGRET giving away my old sevens, they would have been awesome as denim shorts. does anyone really not think dino looks fan-fucking-tastic in his shorts? too cool, in my opinion.

PS it's pretty steamy here and i have to wear jeans (not shorts) for work and i make do, it's really not as bad as you'd think as long as you have A/C to walk into when you get somewhere. you get used to sweating. sometimes at the end of the day i have to peel them off.

So I think these would be the solution to everyones issues on denim shorts 14901_01_p.jpg

These are okay if:

2)You're a girl

But maybe we have to do a lesson on denim again since we're in a thread called denim shorts right now.

Ah yes!

And who the fuck are you again???

Just get some super cheap used Diesels off ebay in a baggier cut + one size up (to sag them) and nice distressing, cut them, and then sew them up. That'll be a good substitute for the apparent lack of good denim shorts available

These are okay if:

2)You're a girl

Ah yes!

And who the fuck are you again???

agreed, Roflcopterpwnsyou, that post is about as original/comical as your user name, i.e. not at all. (although I'd hope everyone's aware that..)

and thanks mijinho, im flattered

Guest StuckOnStupid
Denim shorts look great with a clipped-on cell phone and white reeboks.

hahahaa, dont forget a tucked in tshirt and maybe some oakleys....

Guest StuckOnStupid
this looks great actually but 90% of the time denim shorts just look silly.

what looks great? the shorts or the outfit? the shorts are whatever but he looks like he cant fucking decide if he is hot or cold....

the problem with shorts worn anywhere but a beach/outdoorsey setting is that it smacks of the wearer having a false sense of entitlement. Why the fuck do you feel it is your god-given right to be comfortable ALL THE TIME? it isnt. it makes men look like big babies. Your grandparents would sooner be caught dead than outside in a tee shirt and were sweating it out in wool suits and fedoras in August...yet grown ass men are running around in tank tops, shorts and flip flops. Would little lord fuckpants like an all day sucker to go along with his ensemble? Far be it from me to talk about the "good old days", but get it together gentlemen. put some pants on.

besides, can we not all agree that men's legs look fucking gross?

what looks great? the shorts or the outfit? the shorts are whatever but he looks like he cant fucking decide if he is hot or cold....

the problem with shorts worn anywhere but a beach/outdoorsey setting is that it smacks of the wearer having a false sense of entitlement. Why the fuck do you feel it is your god-given right to be comfortable ALL THE TIME? it isnt. it makes men look like big babies. Your grandparents would sooner be caught dead than outside in a tee shirt and were sweating it out in wool suits and fedoras in August...yet grown ass men are running around in tank tops, shorts and flip flops. Would little lord fuckpants like an all day sucker to go along with his ensemble? Far be it from me to talk about the "good old days", but get it together gentlemen. put some pants on.

besides, can we not all agree that men's legs look fucking gross?

im doing 1 1/2" inseams just for you SoS...

wait... my cock wuold be hanging out... maybe a 7" inseam.

in Brazil we don't have trailer trash but i do live near the beach so i guess according to StuckOnStupid's nitpicky categorization of what can be worn where, i would be OK to wear shorts? please enlighten us as to how many blocks we can live from the beach before it's not a "beach setting" anymore, i want to make sure i'm not violating any sacred SuFu principles.

i also disagree that men's legs look gross but here my sexual orientation may be blurring my judgement . . .

Guest StuckOnStupid

if you are A Gay, you can wear shorts. Hell, wear daisy dukes or a sexy skirt...I know some of your ilk have a penchant to do things like that. I don't get poppers, techno music or this whole "bear" subculture either, so I won't pretend i get alot of certain 'mo's fashion choices.

However, since you asked....

You dont have to live near the beach to wearthe shorts, but i think a good rule of thumb is that you can wear the shorts/flip flops/whatever ON THE WAY TO or COMING BACK FROM the beach/beach-like setting. Even if you live wayyyyyyy far away, like as in The Bronx, and you decide to make a stop for whatever on your way home from Coney Island, you are in the clear. But once you get home, yr basically aknowledging that the fun time you had is over, and fun can still continue into the evening, but with man-pants on.

do we really gotta argue this? crillz is wearing boxers, but since he paired them with espadrilles he gets a "fucking weirdo" pass. i dunno...

i still think a mans calf looks like a stretched out ballsack....

Guest StuckOnStupid

after saying all that tho...i do like the look of sockless wallabees, or beat up dunks/chucks worn with not-tight, well-worn jeans that have been pinrolled/cuffed to show some ankle, or BDUs done up milspex style....

after saying all that tho...i do like the look of sockless wallabees, or beat up dunks/chucks worn with not-tight, well-worn jeans that have been pinrolled/cuffed to show some ankle, or BDUs done up milspex style....

i think we can all agree that milspex is in a realm of his own (this is a compliment).

no we don't have to argue, i was just playing devil's advocate, if you don't like denim shorts then that's great for you. i used to be the same way, though, until dino might's pic rocked my world.

by the way i agree that "evening fun" should always be had with pants on (with the possible exception of a late-afternoon barbecue that just won't quit).

oh and props for using "ilk."

SoS is right in saying that Milspex's outfit looks out of whack because he doesn't know what the weather is outside. If it's cold enough to wear a jacket like that, it's cold enough to wear pants. Just like here in florida, people wearing sandals with jeans and a hoodie or something like that. Just put fucking shoes on. If you're gonna wear shorts, then chances are you don't need a jacket, unless you just really want to show off all the shit you own or you really enjoy sweating.

I have a pair of levis 514 rigid jeans that stretched to hell and look like shit now that i might cut off. I think i'll start off cutting them into capris, normal knee length shorts, then trim them all the way up to boxers, and maybe a raw denim thong if i have the time.