Dior Homme raw denim

Fuuma

Quote:

He said his ones are size 48 (European) Dior is the exact same thing as size 32 pants Dior (just different tags). His jeans measure 17.5'' across (before washing) which means that they are 33''. Label size 32 pants usually are between 33.5-34.5 inches. However, Dior denim streches out fairly quickly and is labeled dry clean only. So the first time you wear the jeans they are going to feel too small, but after one or two wears they fit true to size.

--- Original message by 134 on Oct 18, 2005 08:09 PM

The size actually depends on the leg from what I've been told. a 48 w/ 19cm leg opening fits true to 32, for example, while a 48 w/ 21cm leg fits more along the lines of a 34 in the waist.

dont like them at all...

very done, and look at the honeycombs, they are like 2 inches too low and the groin is very manufactured looking.

I'm not so sure i would pay a premium for a designer jean, except heather locklear's CKs.

I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

... could you hand me the dental floss

Not sure if it means anything, but my jeans were not marked "dry clean only" but rather "always wash separately". I'd imagine treated jeans, such as the waxed ones or other dyes, may be dry clean only.

At any rate, the raw ones are 100% cotton with no special treatment, so I washed them to get the sizing "settled in".

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

dont like them at all...

very done, and look at the honeycombs, they are like 2 inches too low and the groin is very manufactured looking.

I'm not so sure i would pay a premium for a designer jean, except heather locklear's CKs.

--- Original message by johninger on Oct 18, 2005 11:37 PM

The actual pairs don't have the honeycombs on the back of the knee...that one was probably just made for the showroom. Actually the jeans look nothing like those pictures in person, not really close.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

probably has to do with dipping in orange dye after being dyed with indigo. the whole orange+blue= brown thing probably creates a "dirty" or distressed effect.

--- Original message by giantreptile on Oct 19, 2005 11:39 AM

yeah, this is pretty much it. I think the official DH website refers to it as the "dirty wash" jean. Although I've heard that it's not actually dyed, but rather just painted...referring it as dye just sounds cooler/more authentic i guess.

When I bought mine, they referred to it as dirty denim. Now that it's been termed orange overdye, I'm getting this image on my head of Dior employees spilling spaghetti sauce on my jeans. Just the way I like 'em

Edited by darkanimal on Oct 19, 2005 at 11:59 AM