• Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would sc even give us a patch?

why dont we try a smaller named company. sugar cane's done alot of collabs; a non official sufu collab probably isn't appealing enough for em. for the very same reason i reckon you couldnt go with any of the big brands; esp jap.

full counts

omnigods

i dunno...edwin raws maybe?

omnigods

If I remember correctly didn't Chicken's turn out really good? This might be a viable option. I'd really like to try something out that doesn't get a ton of coverage already.

Ironhearts do not offer a cut that we are looking to wear for this contest. This is a regular fit, not slim or straight contest.

I think the reason why SC was mentioned is because of it's availability and low price. The catch is that none of us own Self Edge and my name isn't Kiya so that door is closed. We won't be able to customize a SC jean.

I don't think anyone was going for the Thai denim because we still haven't seen any samples yet. I think if we saw samples more people would be inclined. I don't think plongin has gone to Thailand yet to get them.

I think a smaller company would be great but I don't know who to talk to and people are really picky about this. With everyone just throwing styles out that don't fit into what we want to wear isn't helping.

Also, if we want a nice pair of jeans we'll have to pay for it. The Sufux660 was a fluke and look at their quality. Busted seem city.

Good jeans aren't cheap, cheap jeans aren't good.

If I remember correctly didn't Chicken's turn out really good? This might be a viable option. I'd really like to try something out that doesn't get a ton of coverage already.

Omnigods could work well and they're on the cheaper side. I have a pair of the 50-090. They're a nice straight cut and I think the inseam is at least 33. If people are interested in them, I could take fit pics in a few weeks (when I come back from holidays).

could strong hold do a special order for 50 pairs for us at a good price?

What do you consider a good price? Any special cut pattern is $485 and to make a pair of existing pattern jeans with a different fabric would be $285. I'm sure we could ask them but I had a less then stellar experience with a custom pair so I'd rather someone else ask those questions to Bill.

Plus, I think there would be more than 50 people interested, unless we just took the first 50 names.

What do you consider a good price? Any special cut pattern is $485 and to make a pair of existing pattern jeans with a different fabric would be $285. I'm sure we could ask them but I had a less then stellar experience with a custom pair so I'd rather someone else ask those questions to Bill.

Plus, I think there would be more than 50 people interested, unless we just took the first 50 names.

honestly $150.00 would be a good price to me.

As I can get LVC's for about that, and isn't that what this thread is trying to do? Use something like LVC? Seems we should almost just go with LVC as they make jeans for people with longer legs anyway...

honestly $150.00 would be a good price to me.

As I can get LVC's for about that, and isn't that what this thread is trying to do? Use something like LVC? Seems we should almost just go with LVC as they make jeans for people with longer legs anyway...

+1, or Lee Originals. Perhaps Dejan could set us up with a group buy?

We are going round in circles here, back to LVC now?

I think a decision has to be made, Gordon has suggested some brands that may be willing to do a deal for us through BiG. I say we have a poll and choose from those. Otherwise people will just be making suggestions of ever increasing denim brands. I understand people want to have their say but we have enough options already.

DenimPhenom: did you hear anymore from Gordon? Can you take this to the next step, as you were the thread starter and are the unofficial leader here.

We are going round in circles here, back to LVC now?

I think a decision has to be made, Gordon has suggested some brands that may be willing to do a deal for us through BiG. I say we have a poll and choose from those. Otherwise people will just be making suggestions of ever increasing denim brands. I understand people want to have their say but we have enough options already.

DenimPhenom: did you hear anymore from Gordon? Can you take this to the next step, as you were the thread starter and are the unofficial leader here.

I second what fre$co says. just limit the choices from big, and poll the audience.

I tried changing the poll but to no avail. I think I would have to start a new thread to get a new poll.

I'll get with Gordon again and come up with something. No one was really impressed with the SDA-101 or the Fullcount models he suggested so I'll bring up special ordering a pair from the brands he does carry. I'll also tell him that we are willing to spend more on a pair of jeans as it will open more doors for us.

Ultimately, I'm sure a lot of guys will be unsatisfied with the pair chosen but we can't please everyone.

I would be happy with fullcount or sda, see what he can come up with. Ordering through BiG means that $200 is unlikely so people will need to pay a bit more. That's ok if it means we can guarantee a run of jeans and everyone can order easily from one source. Lets face it, a lot of Japanese denim is around the $200 mark in Japan anyway, and BiG's mark ups are far from horrendous.

I think when you start a new thread with option in the poll, ask Tweeds or cotton duck to lock this one up. Keep up the good work man, if you need any help, don't hesitate.

Honestly, who makes them really doesn't matter to me as long as it remains a vintage style cut. If it starts edging toward just another low rise skinny jean contest (which it's threatened to do a few times in this thread) I'd lose interest pretty quickly.

wait im down too, im not too late am i?

Oh yeah and one more thing? I didnt read that many pages in this thread, but has anyone posted pictures of what they consider regular or vintage fit to look like, cuz i can just see the infinite possibilities of what everybody is thinking is truly a regular fit