• Sugar Cane 1947
    • Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the state, while i'm also hoping for the SC1945, we've check mil mil and BiG and there seems to be an issue of the stocks being avaliable in only limited sizes.

Did you happen to come across a merchant who had a wider inventory of the SC1945?

If so perhaps Denim Phenom could get in touch with them to put out the preliminary feelers.

Cheers.

Hey, the state, if you would have read through this whole thread you would have seen the part where I mentioned Gordon (from Blue In Green mind you) telling me that Toyo/Sugar Cane are the most difficult company to work with when it comes to altering current existing fits. This includes the 45s and 47s and every other year they make.

The reason why there hasn't been a jean selected is because we haven't found one yet. We are looking at all of our options, covering all of our bases, checking the T's and dotting those mutha flippin' I's!

Do you have any other questions that have already been discussed? I don't mean any disrespect but you come in 15 pages deep asking questions that makes it seem like we don't have our shit together. Everyone else who is late in the game just says "where do I sign up?".

Now, back to our regularly schedule thread.

Gordon suggested SDA-101 and Fullcount 1101/1108. Both will offer longer inseam and custom patch. SDA will have arcs, Fullcounts won't. Standard SDA weight is 14.5-15 oz and Fullcount is 11oz with a special edition 15oz weight. SDA also offers a Leepro though I haven't seen pictures of it and I'm not sure if it's left or right twill.

Gordon recommends the Fullcounts because they have an overall better fit where as the 101 has a wider leg through the bottom.

He also asked if we plan on giving a prize or just doing it for the custom jean? I'll say we'll go for the price and see what the company says.

Feel free to message me with any questions.

^ I guess I am ok with both, but the SDA-101 (according to BiG) they are a relaxed fit?

aren't we trying to score a straight fit?

I will post any news when I get some. and of course, people should post suggestions if they are/were interested.

and were going for a prize :D

if we don't get a custom jeans, i guess that's ok.

One more thing for the state, don't come in this thread and tell someone who is a possible contestant that their opinion doesn't matter. Just because you have a lot of posts and rep doesn't mean you aren't being a douche. How about you sit back and let the people who are really interested discuss our options and not shit it up.

Gordon was telling me that to his knowledge 45s are still in full production.

Interesting...haven't ever considered Fullcount before. The SDA I've thought about picking up on my own before, but I'm put off on how hard the 10x denim is supposed to fade (veeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slowly)

Fulltcount 1108? An 11.5" thigh pre-soak on a 30W does NOT seem like a regular fit at all...I'd be down with the 1105 though.

Rice, the rise on the 30s seems pretty good to me. It's what we were looking to have in our pair but I'll have to check the measurements I posted again.

I replied to Gordon's email telling him that we were interested in a prize and would be willing to take any offer the company suggested, if they do. Most companies usually give something away but we should remember that they aren't obligated to.

I asked if we could the 1108 made in the special edition denim because it looks like it's only offered for the 1101 model which has a rise much lower than we're looking for.

I'll post his questions and comments when I get them.

^ I guess I am ok with both, but the SDA-101 (according to BiG) they are a relaxed fit?

aren't we trying to score a straight fit?

I will post any news when I get some. and of course, people should post suggestions if they are/were interested.

and were going for a prize :D

if we don't get a custom jeans, i guess that's ok.

rofl. straight fit? reread the title smart guy.

the fullcount 1108/1101 measurements seem slim/straight to me. compare it to the warehouse 660 measurements. i thought these were the exact kind of jeans we were trying to avoid? It is also shrink to fit denim...thus making the jeans even more slim after a wash. 1105 seems good to me though.

SDA 101 is a lot more in tune of the regular/relaxed jean that we are looking for. and for all the people complaining that it will take too long to fade them...just look at othe contest jeans...most become washed out in less than a year.

But if you guys just want to totally deviate from the fit that we had in mind originally...count me out. We'll be no different from the other slim/straight contests.

Good work again DP! I would really like the 1108 in the special edition 15oz denim but if as people are saying it is a slim cut then yeah I guess it's not for the contest. I remember ringring singing the praises of fullcount and the 1108 in particular, saying that they were one of his all time favorites.

With SDA, the patch is already great. Pigs and Mt Fuji.... we don't need to mess with that! I don't know much about SDA denim.

I think in the end, if we have a choice of fullcount, SDA or SC1945 I would be happy with all. Perhaps a poll of Fullcount model ? 36 inseam, vs SDA 101 36 inseam, vs SC1945 in 34 inseam and put it to the vote.

One more thing for the state, don't come in this thread and tell someone who is a possible contestant that their opinion doesn't matter. Just because you have a lot of posts and rep doesn't mean you aren't being a douche. How about you sit back and let the people who are really interested discuss our options and not shit it up.

Gordon was telling me that to his knowledge 45s are still in full production.

trust me, i appreciate the input and effort you've put into this contest, but chill the fuck out. i am generally interested in this this contest and have contributed ideas along the way. i still think that SC 45's are a great, great option here, which is why i've recommended them about 5 times in this thread. several established members who are serious denim enthusiasts have supported this idea too. just b/c some dumb fuck noob wants to trade his fucking nudies in for a pair of levis repros doesn't mean he has immunity. there are dozens of '47/501 inspired cuts out there, more than enough edmond to handle. why go for another one? it's the same old shit. that's all i'm saying. there are a million different opinions pulling this contest in a million different directions, and it seemed like my suggestion was going on a strong pace to be the final pick, so i got a little peeved when mr rawhide opened his yap.

Hey DenimPhenom, I was wondering if your earlier idea of splitting the contest into the Leepro & Levi's camps still applies?

From the looks of the poll, we've got strong support for both the Lee & Levi's. Maybe we could ask get the individual camps to vote (after the supply situation and inseam issues have been checked out) for the Leepro/Levi's repro of their choice.

ie.

Leepro: SC1945 - McCoy's Leepro etc

Levi's: Fullcounts, SD-101 etc.

Cheers buddy, you're doing well.