• Sugar Cane 1947
    • Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would def. be in for this, maybe pbj-006 is a good jeans, or those 15oz. unrespiro's look good too, warehouse straight warrens also look interesting, flathead 3005 or f350...:D

Ed, the same shit you're saying now got you banned a few months ago. I'd watch it before you piss off the wrong person.

Aztec, Ed is only saying that because he's getting flamed in the Dry Bones contest thread.

Do you guys actually like the vertical fading in that 613 picture? They look like herringbone fabric to me.

I'm probably in on this, the more people talk about it the less possible I think it'll be for me to fit in the SuFu 09 contest, plus Dry Bones denim doesn't really interest me too much.

i feel the same way.. the customization is nice, but my iron heart 634s are as slim as i want to go.

im definitely interested.

We are still trying to nail down which pair of jeans we want to use. There are a lot of variables involved that I knew would take a little while to figure out. Unlike the "official superfuture" contest, we don't have a denim store that can be our spokesman to a denim company that will facilitate custom patches, ugly arcuates, or even a limited fit. Unless a shop sponsors us we'll have to make do with a pair of current production denim and what could be a painstaking process of everyone involved getting a pair. I'd like to keep the contest small like the Samurai one almost two years ago. I'd also like to shoot for a January start time to give us the most time to get all the loose ends tied up.

If at all possible, keeping the denim to contestants only is what i'd like, especially if we happen to get a one time pair made for us, even if its just a change on the patch. I think it would be unfair for someone who really wants to take part in the contest lose and opportunity because another individual is hoarding jeans. That is not directed to anyone but everyone thinking about joining. I think its only fair.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions/suggestions.

my vote is for the real mccoy s614

After looking at the measurements I think it was decided that those really weren't what we were going for. Too straight, not so regular. Of the Real McCoy's, I think the 613 series is what we'd wear. Those however are going to be around $300 for each contestant.

What does everyone think about Buzz Rickson's, either of these have a nice look to them. However they may be unavailable since these were produced last year.

http://www.buzzricksons.jp/product/work-0005.html

These are also on page 38-39 of the Denim Indigo Master book.

Here is the info History Preservation provides for these, scroll down to the 1950s model Buzz Rickson.

http://historypreservation.com/hpassociates/sugarcane_2.php

m43023.jpgm43023u.jpg

Just had a look at the Take 5 collaboration jeans that Ed suggested earlier. All in all a pretty impressive pair of jeans so i wouldn't mind if it gets chosen.

Anyway thanks DenimPhenom for the thankless task of putting this together.

You guys might like the blue on blue but I think together with the slubbiness it produces horrible looking denim. The whiskers, lap fading, and honeycombs look blurry to me. I would not wear those for a day, let alone for a whole year. Sorry guys.

You seen them in person? It's a nice look, quite different from both the pictures and your normal jeans. Remember that the awful faded ones are cheaply and poorly distressed by PBJ.

hey denim phenom

apologize for the over excessiveness with the contest thing (im excited though since I have never participated in a jean contest before), but what about a Sugar Cane Competition?

Since most of you guys are into straight cuts, doesn't Sugar Cane satisfy this preference?

At the Sugar Cane forum, the admin was interested(not sure now or what kind of connection he has if any at all) in doing a competition. I would join a Sugar Cane competition over the dry bones after seeing the measurements

Mr. Invincible,

I think most of the guys on here would be into that except for the fact that the inseam might be too short for some. Otherwise that would be the easiest and most accessible option.

Etruscan,

I have not seen the xx-007/9 in person but from evo pictures I haven't been impressed by them.

They don't want to make a 36" inseam, or else they already would, considering how well those sell...look at all the Self Edge collabs. Sugarcane makes vintage cuts and they arent going to sponsor a contest that goes against what they do as a company. Would a hospital sponsor a "How many cigarettes can you smoke in an hour contest"?

^ I don't get the analogy, but anyhow...

The problem with 34" inseam is not unique to sugarcane, numerous of the Japanese denim brands only make a 34" inseam. If we are going to rule out all of those, then it is a relatively small selection. If we then rule out anything over $250 then it's really going to be limited.

Are burgus plus made in 36" length?

If we have to go for a 34" inseam then I think sugarcane or eternal might be good choices, they are fairly widely available and not too pricey if ordering from Japan.

They don't want to make a 36" inseam, or else they already would, considering how well those sell...look at all the Self Edge collabs. Sugarcane makes vintage cuts and they arent going to sponsor a contest that goes against what they do as a company. Would a hospital sponsor a "How many cigarettes can you smoke in an hour contest"?

What´s so un-vintage about needing a 36" inseam?

That´s the only thing that´s been holding me back me from buying a pair of Sugar Canes. :(