479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there will be more measurements/info/etc. once the jeans are back in kiya's hands...and to anyone who thinks the pricing isn't justified or isn't satisfied with the jeans then don't buy them! No one is forcing you to, and seriously, if you can't see the value and quality inherent in these jeans then maybe you should rethink why you're into denim in the first place...

the target market wishes to have more descriptive pictures and captions of this jean.

In a few moments I'll be recording a more colorful rendition of the Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture jeans entitled, "The Color Indigio". It's a musical.

In a few moments I'll be recording a more colorful rendition of the Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture jeans entitled, "The Color Indigio". It's a musical.

Oh great! I build musical-sets and decorations for work.I did BLUE MAN GROUP for Berlin,London and Tokyo.Give more details and i will write you an offer!

I'm not going to defend this jean, all i will say is...

If you are into Japanese denim, and into ANY of the lines that are sold by Self Edge, Blue in Green, Take5, etc..

Then you'd be insane to think this jean this isn't worth $270.

Granted, if you think the entire Japanese selvedge thing is all a joke and you're not into any of this stuff, then yeah.. it's not your thing for obvious reasons.

i concur wholeheartedly. did you see the fabric swatches for this jean? if you love denim, you love these. these aren't sick, these are quarantined!

When will the measurements be up?

The measurements of the size 29 will be up friday... The measurements of every size will be up when the jeans are all released...

The measurements of the size 29 will be up friday... The measurements of every size will be up when the jeans are all released...

Awesome thanks kiya, can't wait to see the measurements. Are the sample pair still at sidney's house? Was thinking of going to sf this weekend to try them on again.

The final sample pair will be at the store sometime today and will stay there till February..

Visited Self Edge and tried these suckers on today. Some impressions:

a) They are at least one size larger than the original samples I tried on, so I can't offer a perfect comparison of the fit. It still seems to be pretty spot-on though, from what I can tell - a lovely slim straight cut. I suspect they were a size or 2 too big on Sidney because they looked a bit slimmer on me than him (and they were still at least a size too big on me).

B) Top block still fits great. The rise is not too high or too low.

c) The knee-down has definitely been slimmed up considerably from the last sample.

d) while still a little bit ridiculous, the rep-green pocket tab looks considerably better - the embroidery is much cleaner.

e) The denim has less of the greenish cast of the original sample (a little sad about that), but instead has this amazing deep almost wet-looking quality. It is difficult to capture in pictures, but it looks like the dying was a bit uneven such that in some places the denim looks almost saturated with dye whereas other parts are a bit more evenly blue. The color is fantastically deep and vibrant. It's a real true blue, as opposed to the greyish hue that many denims have. I am a fan.

f) the rivets are blank (no writing on them). I'm curious if this will be the case on the final thing. I kind of like it actually.

g) I enjoy the stitching. Some of it is a nice vintage gold color, and other parts (like all the rear pocket stitiching except across the top) is lemon yellow. It gives a nice variety and pop to the jeans.

The only request I can think of for Kiya: reinforce that crotch a la SExSC06! Some of us have a bad habit of combining sufu-super-tight fits with activities like biking.... recipe for crotch destruction.

Come on. Cooome on. Coooooome ooooooooooonnnnnn... Derek thinks so too....

Regardless, my concluding point, once again is: I know what my next pair of jeans will be.

oh come on dkatz!!! Thank you for the review and info, but please stop tempting us and post those pictures already! It's the end of finals week and I have one last paper to write (all nighter) and the only thing keeping me sane are the updates on this thread! haha ;)

oh come on dkatz!!! Thank you for the review and info, but please stop tempting us and post those pictures already! It's the end of finals week and I have one last paper to write (all nighter) and the only thing keeping me sane are the updates on this thread! haha ;)

Oh man I know that feeling.... I've got 2 more finals (one in-class and one take-home) and then I'm DONE WITH COLLEGE. So you can imagine how my sanity is holding up.

Aaaaaanyway:

frontwf8.png

img8438jx6.jpgrearzg6.jpg

sidefi5.jpg

img8439cw8.jpg

img8440mx5.jpg

So I could definitely size down 1 on these, and if I want to go for true-blue-sufu moose-knuckling style (which I very well might), I could size down 2. In other words these are slimmer than they appear in the pictures, if worn snug.

Much appreciated dkatz and also early congratulations on graduation (sadly one more semester for me...)! The denim looks gorgeous and I'll probably be sizing down a bit on these as well...it's going to be a very tough month or so waiting for these to finally release...anyways, thanks again for quenching our interests in the meantime!

I can kinda see what you mean with the dying being slightly uneven.. looks gorgeous. cant wait to get these! i wonder how breaking them in will go.. :)

Why isn't the middle belt loop aligned?

You will find this is pretty common on jeans that allow for larger belts. When you align them it means you have to stitch it over the seam which both causes an issue with a big lump in your lower back and repairs later if need be.

At least, that's what I understand...correct me if I am wrong, Denim Gurus.

ChattyPuma is correct.. it's a combination of comfort and durability..