Juun J ss09 Paris

rowyerboat

No pics yet? The show was on the 29th! Where's Thomas Highstreet when you need him?

I have to say, the quality of Juun J is pretty good - the pants and shirt I have from hi are pretty nice. Looking forward to his Spring stuff!

I thought inaya was lording over the SS09 pictures this time. Where's the Juun J? The Woo Young Mi? inaya doesn't care about Korean people!
hahah I have been super busy with work or else I would have gotten to them. sorry to let you down (noracist-o)

It's gonna be high, if so. Juun J is more expensive than French labels for most of the textiles (probably not furs or leather though), and the Korean won is slaying the dollar lately. I think Lane Crawford in Hong Kong may stock it for those in HK.

Jung Wook Jun's signature pieces are the DB trenches, those are like 2 big ones.

I am feeling the pieces around the waist, it's a bigger continuation of his F/W. He was really lux for F/W08, so I'm kind of disappointed that his fabrics seem a bit bland this time around, but he's going in his own direction now. If there was more on Jung Wook Jun out there, I think he would be more popular. His classic tailoring reinvented with streetwear swagger fits in nicely around these parts...

That chesterfield jawn? I think they're all separate... this is the first time for a Korean label to do pieces like that in this kind of context though, so prices could be up there... I don't know where he's getting the mainline stuff made, but his pricing scheme seems way off base for Korean people, Koreans aren't gonna go rushing out to the stores to drop $2000 on a Korean brand coat or jacket when they have all the European options with more status. Lone Costume was never that big either, Solid/Woo Young Mi walked all over it because of price points, and she was crankin dat bondage strap shirt business back in 2003 or so.

I like Juun J's looks, but for what it costs, I can go and buy so many other things I want, Lanvin and Jil Sander for one. Suh Sang Young and Woo Young Mi are interesting and don't cost an arm and a leg.

I agree with you on the marketing problems and that people who can afford Juun J at full retail in Korea are probably going to end up being more excited about European brands that are marked up 3x, but luckily I'm not one of them.

In regards to Solid/Homme, I like her aesthetic and I own a few pieces, but its never particularly excited me. I can agree you about Jil though. This season is going to be full of a lot of sacrifices but I'm definitely getting a Juun J coat with the fur (as long as its as good in person) and a Jil Sander tweed suit. Everything else is consequential.