supermeatheads

kunk75

Forsure, thanks. After I think about it, I forgot about the school's gym haha. I'll probably be able to mix in some heavy lifting days. I just need to switch from current split to a push/pull but I don't know how I would go about putting together a routine.

edit: any opinions on a full body M, W, F, Su? something like

squats

bench press/or dumbbell press

rows on smith machine- bad idea?

military press

deadlifts- or switch out with rows every other week?

accessory:

dips

chin ups/pull ups

skull crushers

incline dumbell press

All help is appreciated. I'm a total noob. Not sure about sets/reps

Edited by tu_madre51

I would so a split but a lot of people have been saying splits wouldn't be as beneficial as a push/pull or something like SS since im still a novice. Any input?

I was thinking a push/pull/legs/push/pull and maybe one more day for whatever

Edited by tu_madre51

getting into oly lifting again. Meeting with a coach hopefully by the end of this summer, just gotta work out my schedule....

Couple of my lifting acquaintances are going to nationals this spring, hope to be at that level soon.

Hit 255 lb C&J today for the first time @ 85 kg bodyweight, still trying to cut to 77. Anybody have any self coaching tips, if you guys have any experience? Program/motivation/etc. or what not? Currently I'm just doing a basic cookie cutter that I found on Glenn Pendlay's forums.

my lower back is super stiff after this last month or so of going hard. If i lay down or sit down for a short amount of time and get up I have to walk hunched over like an old man for a little while. once it loosens up its not bad but still tender. trying to stretch as much as possible but not getting any better. im thinking i should take some time off, but the work im putting in right now feels great.

my lower back is super stiff after this last month or so of going hard. If i lay down or sit down for a short amount of time and get up I have to walk hunched over like an old man for a little while. once it loosens up its not bad but still tender. trying to stretch as much as possible but not getting any better. im thinking i should take some time off, but the work im putting in right now feels great.

This book and a tennis ball saved my life after I hurt my lower back overdoing it with Crossfit.

Highly recommended.

Trigger Point Therapy Workbook

It might be just me, but I used Assault for a while but the only times I felt a really good pump was when I used a lot of it and it gets expensive. I stopped using it and I think I'm doing fine without it

Edited by tu_madre51

I use C4... after about a month, seems like I already built a tolerance.. No more tingly feeling :/

And I really don't wanna move on to something stronger, though in a couple weeks I'm gonna try that Oxyelite Pro stuff to cut some weight.. I've read a few good reviews on it

So yeah what the issue? Been eating lots of leafy veg and lean protein. Still hungry before I go to bed.

I usually eat my final meal around 2 or so hours before I go to bed. But, I'll eat some cottage cheese about 30 minutes to an hour (if it takes me that long) to fall asleep. I used to wake up super hungry (200+/- lbs) at 5am, but it's been keeping my hunger satisfied (and keeps me anabolic.) I'm gonna start drinking a protein shake in the middle of the night, and see how this goes. I wake up to piss anyways, so why not?

You can try drinking Casein Proten (or just a glass of milk) before bed.

The only pre-workout supplements I've taken was 1MR and some other one, that came in a black and yellow sachet (tablets.) 1MR tasted like shit and didn't really get me going, and the other one literally only worked for one single set... really...

My buddy "swears" by Jack3d. But he's also a jackass, who goes by what his brother uses/used.

I've only been drinking black coffee and a spoonful of raw honey. The other stuff got me jittery and impatient, but black coffee and honey keeps me focused.

Posted · Hidden by michaelttizzle, May 17, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by michaelttizzle, May 17, 2012 - No reason given

ive been working out for a little two week, and i look/feel noticeably better. been drinking nutek pro5 twice a day and two big meals a day. basically trying to do the same thing as dj flame.

Posted · Hidden by sistersuzie, March 10, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by sistersuzie, March 10, 2012 - No reason given

so i need a bit of nutrition help:

I'm doing an hour of cardio every two days, an hour of muscle/ workouts the other days. and yoga once or twice a week.

ever since my weight went down a tiny bit, but i lost fat and gained muscles.

i still have a bit of fat to burn and i'm pretty sure the rest is in the diet.

i'm having a hard time to determine what should be my calorie intake and how to spread it all through the day (before and after work out)

please help!

• 2 weeks later...

can someone comment on true nutrition protein? price looks good but how is the quality, taste etc?

I've ordered from there a lot in the past. Nice quality. Pretty fucking expensive and tastes like shit.

I only order from musclefeast now. Protein doesn't give me any bloating or stomach discomfort. Tastes okay. Cheap.

i'll hit you up knucks. i'm in canada so anything online is alot cheaper than i can get up here. its like 80+ dollars for a brand name 5lbs tub, unless i get the cheap shit. i'll have a look at muscle feast too, i just need some other alternatives to save some cash.

Edited by jim_n