supermeatheads

kunk75

guys, it's all in the diet. and by diet, I don't mean, just cutting out bullshit. you have to structure your eating patterns and have the proper macronutrient ratio for the goals you have in mind..

don't think cutting out fast food, soda, and fried chicken is going to get you to goals..

oh and btw, I just realized I need to take some of my own advice. I'm done with smoking. fuck that shit.

i just started chantix to quit smoking. makes no sense with the rest of my lifestyle.

and that high rep=cuts, low rep=mass is all bs.

diet, genetics, diet, genetic,....

guys, it's all in the diet. and by diet, I don't mean, just cutting out bullshit. you have to structure your eating patterns and have the proper macronutrient ratio for the goals you have in mind..

don't think cutting out fast food, soda, and fried chicken is going to get you to goals..

oh and btw, I just realized I need to take some of my own advice. I'm done with smoking. fuck that shit.

i have genetics to pack on mass but it's murder leaning out.

and some parts just won't ever get there. my legs are my strongest bodypart (at least pre injury) and i was blessed with good calves but my hamstrings don't grow.

defined/cut = you have to get big by eating like a motherfucker, "bulking" up, and then losing most of the fat and some muscle mass by dieting down for many weeks.. thats bodybuilding

without amazing genetics its pretty much impossible to look that way

fuck calves

i have genetics to pack on mass but it's murder leaning out.

and some parts just won't ever get there. my legs are my strongest bodypart (at least pre injury) and i was blessed with good calves but my hamstrings don't grow.

i just started chantix to quit smoking. makes no sense with the rest of my lifestyle.

and that high rep=cuts, low rep=mass is all bs.

diet, genetics, diet, genetic,....

word.. thats the biggest myth in weightlifting. Where did it originate?

Img212019041.jpg

Dimas weighs ~165 pounds, super low body fat, and his routine is basically sets of 2 or 3 reps with HEAVY ass weights.

And running is the worst way to get a lean muscular look. Take a look at marathon runners sometime - they're skinny with high body fat and low muscle, bodies built for low intensity endurance. Look at all the people you see jogging every morning for years. Its good for your heart but wont do shit for your physique.

Short sprinting at full intensity is a different story though.

A big thing to remember is just consistency and knowing your body. When you get to lift for a really long time, you know what you can do, and try to adjust to get the most out of every workout.

Also, I think that you have to be mentally strong to make good gains. Sometimes jumping up an exercise by 10+ lbs may seem out of the question, but it doesn't hurt to try. A lot of the time, if you get your belief system (and perfect form) going, you'll increase that way

And running is the worst way to get a lean muscular look.

qft

somebody mentioned running earlier and i wanted weight in on that. my opinions that running is awful.. no hate, its cool if u like that runners high or whatever, but my perception is that running just destroys muscle mass and joints (Again.... this has a lot to do with diet and genetics so this isnt for the case for EVERYONE)

I now spend all my $$$ on personal training and a dietician. Shit is too complicated to figure out without help from a professional (that I can hold responsible).

Plus I'm probably 10 years older than most of you bitches. Fucking metabolism.

Anyway, because I'm skinny and don't want to lose any weight...only gain muscle, my trainer only lets me do maybe 2 reps on any given exercise, then we move on to something else. Too many reps and you lose weight. I'm also only allowed so much cardio - 3 times/week for 30 minutes each max...again, more and you lose weight.

I also have to drink fucking Lake Huron everyday...minimum 2 litres of water, on top of other liquids, and 3-4 on workout day (which is almost everyday).

Good times.

Anyway, because I'm skinny and don't want to lose any weight...only gain muscle, my trainer only lets me do maybe 2 reps on any given exercise, then we move on to something else. Too many reps and you lose weight. I'm also only allowed so much cardio - 3 times/week for 30 minutes each max...again, more and you lose weight.

Good times.

You lose weight if you burn more calories than you consume. Just eat more :confused:

i'm 32 so i'm prolly closer in age to you than a lot of people here.

training since 17.

Indeed....you have a pretty big head start though!

edit - holy shit I just saw your pics...you're a beast (I mean that in the nicest possible way). WTF are you doing on a skinny bitch forum like this? I can't remember if you partake in the denim section.

i get goofed on but i wear a lot of raf, dior, RO, etc.

when i wear that shit, some people laugh but i is what i is.

it's not like i/m a 50 year old puerto rican lady wearing jeans and stilettos but whatever.

RO fits surprisingly well for bigger dudes.

I now spend all my $$$ on personal training and a dietician. Shit is too complicated to figure out without help from a professional (that I can hold responsible).

Plus I'm probably 10 years older than most of you bitches. Fucking metabolism.

I also have to drink fucking Lake Huron everyday...minimum 2 litres of water, on top of other liquids, and 3-4 on workout day (which is almost everyday).

Good times.

Your trainer sounds like a lil bitch.

I'm 20 and have been "lifting" since 14, but did not know nutrition well enough til 16, and didn't have further knowledge til late 17s/early 18s

word.. thats the biggest myth in weightlifting. Where did it originate?

Img212019041.jpg

Dimas weighs ~165 pounds, super low body fat, and his routine is basically sets of 2 or 3 reps with HEAVY ass weights.

And running is the worst way to get a lean muscular look. Take a look at marathon runners sometime - they're skinny with high body fat and low muscle, bodies built for low intensity endurance. Look at all the people you see jogging every morning for years. Its good for your heart but wont do shit for your physique.

Short sprinting at full intensity is a different story though.

yeah but Dimas is a freak of nature.

i get goofed on but i wear a lot of raf, dior, RO, etc.

when i wear that shit, some people laugh but i is what i is.

it's not like i/m a 50 year old puerto rican lady wearing jeans and stilettos but whatever.

RO fits surprisingly well for bigger dudes.

not saying you can't wear it...but you've seen some of the shit these skinny bitches wear. Its lick someone fucking painted it on. You're one of the few on sufu that can wear repro denim, etc. and not look like a tool.

Stil tho - I have to go up 2 sizes in dior...

Your trainer sounds like a lil bitch.

I'm 20 and have been "lifting" since 14, but did not know nutrition well enough til 16, and didn't have further knowledge til late 17s/early 18s

Every trainer is a bitch...they have to be (with me anyway).

I'm more interseted in the nutrition than anything else...I have no one to impress, and my self-esteem is fine...I just want to be healthy.

yup. i wear a 34 in 21cm and 34 or 36 in 19cm to fit the ass/legs.

not saying you can't wear it...but you've seen some of the shit these skinny bitches wear. Its lick someone fucking painted it on. You're one of the few on sufu that can wear repro denim, etc. and not look like a tool.

Stil tho - I have to go up 2 sizes in dior...

Everyone has their own opinions regarding everything.

I'm trying out this whole new "fuck the trendy, lose-fat-gain-muscle diets" and sticking to chicken, red meat, mashed potatoes, pasta, and veggies.

Oh and milk, can't forget the milk.