supermeatheads

kunk75

thats pretty much what i've been doing, and i guess i just gotta run more, born with a hip defect that never got fixed so it doesn't exactly make running easy, bones grind into eachother and such but yeah its generally only a hundred calories, i will start jogging more though.

someone explain to me how waximaize works?

is this just some engineered carbs?

take pre and post workout with protein shake?

It's derived from waxy maize starch. I recommend it, it's great.

Here's a really good post about it: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=883744&page=2

and they discuss it thoroughly on there.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/waxy_maize_starch_myth.htm

I found that too though. To be honest I don't really take it for its anabolic effects, I just use it as a easy way to get some carbs.

It's derived from waxy maize starch. I recommend it, it's great.

Here's a really good post about it: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=883744&page=2

and they discuss it thoroughly on there.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/waxy_maize_starch_myth.htm

I found that too though. To be honest I don't really take it for its anabolic effects, I just use it as a easy way to get some carbs.

Hmm...so a serving post workout sounds about right.

So i'm reading that people usually down this immediately after workout, then protein roughly 15-20 minutes afterwards?

I recently started eating tuna quite often since its cheap and packed with protein. However, I have read many articles stating that eating tuna on a regular basis raises concerns for mercury poisoning. Since I'm pretty sure a lot of you guys eat tuna as well, I was wondering if you guys had any input on this. Anyone ever get mercury poisoning from tuna/think its bullshit? Any help would be great.

I don't eat Tuna.

1 spoonful of tuna a week is enough to give you mercury poisoning, I would only eat it if I had a death wish. Trust me, I'm a med student.

Seriously, unless you're eating beyond extreme amounts of Tuna fish to accumulate enough mercury in your system to induce a toxic effect, I would not worry.

Edit:

Awwww, as if you can't colour text anymore. Shitsucks.

how bad is lifting ans then going out drinking?

obviously, nothing like getting a good meal and a good nights rest

but does it completely cancel out any gains you might have made, or is it just like not as good for you?

eh, its not really gonna cancel anything per say but overall it will slow down progress if you make it a regular thing.

I recently started eating tuna quite often since its cheap and packed with protein. However, I have read many articles stating that eating tuna on a regular basis raises concerns for mercury poisoning. Since I'm pretty sure a lot of you guys eat tuna as well, I was wondering if you guys had any input on this. Anyone ever get mercury poisoning from tuna/think its bullshit? Any help would be great.

ur not eating nearly enough to get mercury poisoning. you gotta eat a shit load for an extended period of time to accumulate enough mercury to actually poison yourself.

Short bursts of intense exercise every few days could dramatically cut the risk of Type 2 diabetes and heart disease, according to an expert.

Rather than slaving away for hours in the gym, people should focus their attention on quick "sprints" with each workout lasting just a few minutes.

James Timmons, Heriot-Watt University professor of exercise biology has studied the effects of quick exercise.

He recommends 4 x 30 second sprints on an exercise bike three times a week.

He said people could reduce their risk of diabetes and heart disease substantially with short, intense workouts - with such "time-efficient" exercising appealing to busy workers.

An intense workout for a few minutes may keep heart disease and diabetes at bay

In his study, published in the journal BMC Endocrine Disorders, 16 men exercised for three sessions a week for two weeks.

Each session was made up of 4 x 30 second sprints on an exercise bike.

This involved the men going as fast as they could for 30 seconds and then taking a few minutes of complete rest between each sprint.

After two weeks, Prof Timmons said the results were "substantial", with a 23% improvement in insulin function.

While his research focused on young men, Prof Timmons said it would work for people of all ages and for both men and women.

He said: "This study looked at the way we break down stores of glycogen.

"Think about diabetes as being glucose circulating in the blood rather than stored in the muscles where it should be.

"If we take out the glycogen from the muscles through exercise, then the muscles draw in that excess glucose from the blood."

Intense contractions

He added: "If you go for a jog or a run you oxidise glycogen but you are not depleting the glycogen in your muscles.

"The only way to get to this glycogen is through very intense contractions of the muscles.

"If we can get people in their 20s, 30s and 40s doing these exercises twice a week then it could have a very dramatic effect on the future prevalence of diabetes."

He said the effects were bigger than the traditional "one hour of running per day".

The exercise routine is known as "high-intensity interval training" or HIT for short.

Prof Timmons said current guidelines on how much exercise people should take may need revising.

Diabetes UK research manager Victoria King said short duration, high-intensity training improved insulin action in young healthy males but the research had only been undertaken in a small group of people without diabetes.

She said: "Whilst the improvement in the control of insulin action in those who undertook the training is interesting, it's limited at this stage as to what we can learn."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7852987.stm

Thinking of rejoining a gym tomorrow, gone as far as I can right now working out at home and doing BJJ. Once I know the facilities hopefully you guys can help me out with a routine.

you don't need a gym membership. HOOD WORKOUTS:

pfsTKfUT-RQ

^^Haha, I always enjoy hood workout videos. Then feel bad when I realise that I couldn't do the bodyweight stuff they do as I am now.

I swear to God I've got worms or some shit.

I eat a reasonably big portion and am full after eating. 5 minutes later I'm left feeling all empty and hungry again.

Also, I need more oats.

finally stopped being such a lazy ass and joined a gym recently

i have really fast metabolism so it is pretty hard for me to gain weight. i'm going to try lifting and eating as much as possible in hopes of gaining 10-15lbs of muscle.

my main goal is to generally get in better shape. i would also like to build up the muscle around my rotator cuff, as my left shoulder is prone to separation.

i think one of my favorite things about working out is the increase in appetite. i usually eat a lot anyway, but i really like the "re-fueling" feeling you get from a big meal after working out. i'll eventually pick up some whey protein, but i'm still trying to get back into the swing of things for now.

subscribed.

what do you guys pay for monthly membership fees?