New LVC - downsized!

Paul T

I mentioned this in a Sugarcane thread, but as so many people enquire about LVC thought it was worth repeating, ESPECIALLY IF YOU BUY MAILORDER...

All the new range of US-made LVC seem to be significantly smaller than previous reissues, in terms of waist measurements. Previously, in the main, the rigid reissues were roughly an inch bigger than the stated waist size. Now, all the repros are roughly an inch smaller than the tag size. So if you always used to buy 34" waist 1947 501s, you will now have to buy 36" waist.

I've measured both the new 37 and 47; the 47 with a tag size of 34 actualy measures more like 33, so will shrink down to circa 31". The current 1937 repros, washed, tag size 36", measure 33" or less...

i decided to check out your claims and measured a pair of the 'newer' deadstock '47s i just bought...you're right, they do come out to around 15.5" across the waist (tagged 32")

however, i also have an older pair of deadstock '47s, and they measured just about the same...actually a bit smaller.

i did the same with a pair of the newer deadstock '44s and they are right at 16" (tagged 32" as well).

my guess is that there's quite a bit of slight variations in all of these jeans from all eras.

i must admit, however, that i have yet to wear a pair of the 'newer' LVC, so their overall cut might be a bit smaller than those of the past

There is a LOT of variation. The 34" W 1947s seem more undersized than, eg, the 32" waist. And in fact the new 1944 deadstock I have here are exactly on-size, ie the 36" waist is exactly 36". But overall the consensus from people I talked to is that the new range is definitely smaller overall than previous LVC.

Thanks for the heads-up, Paul T!

I am presently awaiting a new shipment of 1947s arriving at the SanFran Levi's store by the end of this month. I wanted to mail-order in a pair or two of those (dry) jeans, and I want to get the correct size, of course.

I ordered a pair of the 1947s (again, dry) a few years ago when they first introduced them on the (U.S.) LVC line-up. I received a pair of 36W-36L, to shrink to 33W-33L, and they did just that.

On this new pair, I'd like to get the 34W-36L to get a slighter snugger fit at the waist (32, hopefully).

With this revelation, it sounds like I should go just ahead and order-in another 36-36, doesn't it?

Thanks again,

Jim

Jim Cissell

Quote:

Thanks for the heads-up, Paul T!

I am presently awaiting a new shipment of 1947s arriving at the SanFran Levi's store by the end of this month. I wanted to mail-order in a pair or two of those (dry) jeans, and I want to get the correct size, of course.

I ordered a pair of the 1947s (again, dry) a few years ago when they first introduced them on the (U.S.) LVC line-up. I received a pair of 36W-36L, to shrink to 33W-33L, and they did just that.

On this new pair, I'd like to get the 34W-36L to get a slighter snugger fit at the waist (32, hopefully).

With this revelation, it sounds like I should go just ahead and order-in another 36-36, doesn't it?

Thanks again,

Jim

--- Original message by Jim Cissell on Oct 12, 2005 07:43 AM

Jim,

How much are 1947 LVC's from the San Fran Levis store? And can you share the contact info?

Thanks.

-Jake

The contacts at the Levi's Store there in SanFran are Ben or Oscar, at 415.501.0100. They get 'small' shipments every now and then, but so far not many have been very long (36L or more) so I'm waiting the big shipment, hopefully arriving at the end of the month.

The cost quoted was $150.00 each, although when available, they run about $135.00 a pair from DecoDenim (877.505.3847). The problem at Deco right now is the LVC line doesn't seem to have been updated, and the DecoDenim folks weren't able to track down the new (dry) 1947s product number, to order from their distributor, as of yet.

For some reason there are some issues occuring with the LVC line and as a result, deliveries of the 1947s and others are spotty at best. The LVC link on their website hasn't been updated, either (it still shows the old Spring line-up) so maybe that's a clue of sorts.

Anyway...

Jim

Jim Cissell

Quote:

The contacts at the Levi's Store there in SanFran are Ben or Oscar, at 415.501.0100. They get 'small' shipments every now and then, but so far not many have been very long (36L or more) so I'm waiting the big shipment, hopefully arriving at the end of the month.

The cost quoted was $150.00 each, although when available, they run about $135.00 a pair from DecoDenim (877.505.3847). The problem at Deco right now is the LVC line doesn't seem to have been updated, and the DecoDenim folks weren't able to track down the new (dry) 1947s product number, to order from their distributor, as of yet.

For some reason there are some issues occuring with the LVC line and as a result, deliveries of the 1947s and others are spotty at best. The LVC link on their website hasn't been updated, either (it still shows the old Spring line-up) so maybe that's a clue of sorts.

Anyway...

Jim

--- Original message by Jim Cissell on Oct 12, 2005 08:50 AM

Thanks Jim - that's okay about the length, Ideally, I'd order a 36 waist, 34 length, I want them to wind up about 34W and as close to 30 inseam as possible.

-Jake