Health & beauty thread

Ichigo100%

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shiseido pureness cleansing gel

Lancome clarifiance oil-free gel cleanser

Purpose Gentle cleaning wash.. This is like Cetaphil but for oily skin and its really cheap compared to the other two.

I read about clinique but the article said it could be a bit drying, so be careful to test this this one first

i drink 32 ounces of water every 2 hours while i'm awake, i'm not sure what that equates to during the day, but i think it's alot, sort of a routine i've gotten into

that's like...way too much. I've read that over 100 oz a day starts to wash good nutrients and minerals out of your body. you're drinking like..double that in 12 hours...be careful.

I'm coming back from a bout of unhealthy-ness. transferring from drinking 2-3L of diet soda a day to 1-2 cans/the rest water. more lean meats, less ice cream (frozen yogurt is a saviour). I keep trying to remember to floss under my permanent retainer, i've been doing it every other day because it's annoying.

skin wise i guess i'm lucky, i just try to ride my bike around 7pm so i don't get direct sun exposure, and wash with bar soap in the shower however many times a day i take one. I've always had pretty clear skin with little work i guess.

I have a question: my hands are killing me. I work them to the bone, then ride my bike, every day. anybody have any tips for handcare, more or less concerning terrible calluses and cracks/cuts that keep reopening?

kiehls. ftw.

for health, everyday i take:

multivitamin

rhodiola

branch-chain amino acids

creatine

fish oil

flax-seed oil

green tea extract

i think you can skip the creatine. i think your big enough?

per fish oil: as long as you get about 750mg of DHA/EPA per day then you will be good. dha and epa concentrations varies in differnt brands of fish oil. nordic naturals is the shit.

i take:

fish oil

multi

protein

random antioxidants (green tea, turmeric blah blah blah, its random)

fiber for good poops

for hangovers:

NAC, liver pills, coconut juice

all this health shit prob just keeps me at base line cause i think i party too much.

what do i do for bags/darkness/puffyness under my eyes? i got this CoQ10 eye shit.

i'm getting old

I need to find better hair products.. Head & shoulders isn't doing very well for my hair texture.. Seems to leave it feeling very coarse after washing...

I gotta look around for some products for my type of hair..

For those who use shiseido, are the mens products good for all types of skin?

I have used their moisturising emulsion, hydrating lotion, cleanser and eye cream. Maybe their exfoliating scrub, I don't remember. I like the products i use on my face to be nice and light so i liked them but I also like to change my shit up because I find if i keep using something for too long it's not as effective. I have fairly regular skin but get patches of dry or oily skin every now and then.

I have been using the following for about 12months

Dermalogica Active moist

Korres Natural Products white tea facial cleanser -

Clarins Men face scrub

Shiseido eye cream

Zirh Clay Mask

my main problem are my lips though. i find the more often i use a product the more frequent my lips are dry. The best thing i ever used on my lips was some $200 product i dont remember the name of. It worked sooo good but nuts to paying that much.

my main problem are my lips though. i find the more often i use a product the more frequent my lips are dry. The best thing i ever used on my lips was some $200 product i dont remember the name of. It worked sooo good but nuts to paying that much.

Honestly dude, I use regular Chap Stick from time to time and I haven't had a problem with dry lips in as long as I can remember.

biotest just launched one. their products are historically good.

t-nation.com has an online store.

Whats a good rhodiola product to buy? Does it really give you energy?

I just googled it and apparently the good shit is the Swedish one but thats more than double the price of the cheaper versions, but more effective.

Worth it?

chap stick kills me. it works when i apply it but give it an hour and my lips are worse then before i applied it.

atm the best thing i have is paw paw ointment shit works pretty good and is cheap.

some girl i knew in HS used to carry around la mer lip balm. i think it's $75 for an amount 1/2 the size of a chap stick. shit made your lips feel like a piece of raw skinless chicken breast.

chap stick kills me. it works when i apply it but give it an hour and my lips are worse then before i applied it.

atm the best thing i have is paw paw ointment shit works pretty good and is cheap.

vaseline works wonders, and its dirt cheap. so much better than any other lip balm ive used. most of them have menthol or something similar in them (which gives you that frosty feeling), and it just makes your lips more dry in the long run.

i use:

biotherm homme cleansing toning face wash or nivea men extra soothing face wash

biotherm homme aquapower ultra moisturiser

nivea body moisturising care lotion

vaseline lip therapy

biotherm homme hydra detox eye cream

clinique men face scrub

and eryacne occasionally, to kick a breakout in the ass before it actually happens

i try to avoid using soap wherever possible - it dries your skin. ill generally use a soap free body wash or something similar instead.

i dont buy the more expensive products such as eye cream - i generally either get them in some sort of set or as a gift when i buy some other product, or otherwise most good cosmetics stores are more than willing to give you free samples.

try to exercise regularly, although this hasnt been happening anywhere near enough recently :( (yogging....its a soft J....apparently you just run)

drink lots of water

limit my alcohol intake

eat a healthy, balanced diet....generally avoid shitty fast food

always choose the low fat or diet options whenever possible

use sweetener instead of sugar, and always drink diet soft drinks

minimise salt intake - im ultra sensitive to salt and end up really bloated and with cracked lips if i eat salty foods

its all basically common sense really.

Homme.Homme, thanks for the information. I would say I do the same thing you do where I can't really use a product too long because I feel it's not as effective on my skin. I'll definitely give shiseido a try since i've been hearing a lot of great feedback on their products.

I've been using Nivea products for the past 2-3 years and my skin looks and feels great but thought i'd try something new anyhow.

Hommme, you mentioned having dry lips. Not long ago, I posted up a little tip that can prevent dry lips in the future:

This is unrelated to what I was just talking about but I know lips are important too.. After brushing i tend to massage my lips with the bristles to remove any dead skin then i apply vaseline to conceal the moisture.. I find this works extremely well and I don't have dry lips as much as I used to
Give this a try and see how well it turns out for you. I do it on a daily basis and my lips dont chap as much and they feel much softer after as well..

JPGM, good fuckin advice man!

manye it's papaw not pawpaw..

made form papaya

i will correct even ppl on the intraweb.

do they...?

show me the money.

obviously even if they do, the damage is so miniscule so as to not require any sort of health warnings on packaging.....so they'd be better for you than the ridiculous number of spoons of sugar in a can of coke etc.

yeah i only drink water, coffee, tea and freshly squeezed vagina juice.

this is truth. i have diet cokes occasionally and regular coke once in a blue moon. maybe a milk shake every 12-18 months if it's with an awesome burger and fries, but at that point who cares what you're drinking?

Yeah, it's really shitty just drinking straight water all the time. If I cook up a great meal for example, I hate drinking water with it. It feels like I'm washing away all the taste. I will occassionally have a diet pepsi with a meal, or in my favourite case, beer (when at a bar/restaurant).

I used to drink a shit load of cranberry juice. The anti-oxidants are hella good for you, but like most fruit juices it is loaded with sugar and acid. So basically, I will only drink water, green tea, and like half a cup of coffee on a daily basis. Every now and again I will have a diet pepsi, and even rarer I'll drink alcohol.

do they...?

show me the money.

obviously even if they do, the damage is so miniscule so as to not require any sort of health warnings on packaging.....so they'd be better for you than the ridiculous number of spoons of sugar in a can of coke etc.

As long as you're not downing a 2L a day, you should be okay. The aspartame in diet soda has been linked to headaches, brain tumors, brain legions and lymphomia, but mainly in severe cases. There really isn't much to worry about.

Here's a link to some aspartame info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame_controversy

For the record, I used to drink tons of diet pepsi, and I rarely get headaches, if ever.