Health & beauty thread

Ichigo100%

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it definitely helps to clean out your pores and flush you out internally, but I don't eat fish oil pills anymore.. I haven't done so in years so i couldn't give you an honest answer..

But while I was taking them, I didn't freeze them at all, just took em the way they were, drank a nice glass of water and I was fine.. Perhaps Headcoat can provide more info

Guest jmatsu
Although this may come off as disgusting to some, I tend to eat sardines a lot..They're very rich in omega 3 fatty acids which maintain a healthy heart... It also helps to control blood sugar level and helps to prevent Alzheimer's disease..

I drink 3-5 bottles of water a day on average with the occasional 6 in there if necessary..

i dont even eat that shit for medicinal or health purposes. i fuckin like sardines and anchovies. i still take the canned shits to bbq parties. open the top and throw it on the grill (while in the can). shit cooks in the oils/can. eat when crispy.

anyway i do coke and smoke alot, so i drink vitamin c and chocola bb every night.

i use kanebo skin wash, shiseido whitening lotion, and some various oil removing pads throughout the day. i go to a chiropractor once a week, get a massage once a week, and get a foot massage at least once a month.

Guest doubletap

my essentials for healthy body/face:

olives/olive oil

water

lots of fish, sardines are great... low in fat, but high in protein

daily fish oil pill + 1000mg of vitamin C

odwalla b-monster, superfood, or oxi-dance

no processed food, I also dont eat mammal or bird, except for eggs & dairy

red wine

lots of fresh fruit.

Wow, these are all excellent ways to keeping healthy.. I'm noticing that a lot of people are using fish oil pills and are into sardines..

I personally love sardines as well, as i mentioned earlier.. I used to eat them a lot when I was a child.. Jmatsu, do you ever add any sort of seasonings to your sardines when you put them on the grill? I tend to just chop up onions into small peices and place them on top of the sardine while cooking to give it a very nice smelling aroma.. Then I add sliced tomatoes and sometimes if im feeling hungry I'll make some rice and mix the sardines in with it.

Perhaps I'll look into shiseido products..

It's said not to eat canned food often.. Canned tuna for example has high sodium and also contain mercury. A lot of the sodium is in the broth so just drain it and do what you will with the fish after.. That's what i've realized..

Tuna only has 210mg of sodium per serving which is about 9% of your daily intake.. Sardines have just a bit more with 280mg which is 12% of your daily intake.. But if you look at the positive side, sardines carry 20g of protein per serving, 5g of omega 3 and 3g of omega 6 both which are good for your brain and heart..

So don't worry so much about the sodium, the pros outweigh the cons a lot still..

are sardines so much better than, say, tuna? i like tuna, but don't usually eat sardines.

i reckon, that there is much less fat in tuna. am i right?

Health wise sardines are much better than tuna in terms of their benefits.. Tuna does in fact have less fat than sardines.. Tuna has 0.2g of fat per serving whereas sardines have way more but provide more nutrients..

Sardines also provide more protein, but personally I would eat both. So I wouldn't say sardines are better all together, but in terms of essential nutrients, sardines provide more by far imo

I've stopped buying junk & processed foods at the store..

trying not to buy food with high fructose corn syrup in it..

starting to eat oatmeal instead of cereal

I've also stopped using any facial products, only water 2 times a day..

Eating a lot more fruit and veggies, drinking a lot of water...

no sugary drinks

exercising everyday

opening up the windows for fresh air.. instead of the A/C all day

staying out of the sun

no fast food, except Subways

controlling anger, don't get mad be happy

I'm looking into this Shiseido brand for men.. Seems like a nice change from the nivea products that I often use. I find that nivea products contain some weird chemicals whereas shiseido uses more natural botanicals. For those who use shiseido, are the mens products good for all types of skin?

Also, anybody use ZIRH at all? I know Shiseido used to own them recently but sold them to some company which I cant remember off the top of my head right now.. How are their products?

Fish oil is great shit, my mom used to give them to me when I was younger.. Really great for the skin, keeps it looking firm and luminous. I haven't used them in a long time though, I guess because lately I've been in school and havent had much of an opportunity to really do much searching for organic products..

This is unrelated to what I was just talking about but I know lips are important too.. After brushing i tend to massage my lips with the bristles to remove any dead skin then i apply vaseline to conceal the moisture.. I find this works extremely well and I don't have dry lips as much as I used to

this works hella well.

kiehls. ftw.

for health, everyday i take:

multivitamin

rhodiola

branch-chain amino acids

creatine

fish oil

flax-seed oil

green tea extract

Rhodiola is the absolute balls. Great stuff, natural stimulant/antidepressant.

Almost on the life-changing tip.

Guest youkinorn

Walk, run, or bike everywhere that I can.

Lots of sleep.

Coffee, tea, and water in place of carbonated drinks as much as possible.

Except beer, you need plenty of beer.

And pizza.

Lean meats.

Avoid the bitchassness.

Play basketball (and watch basketball).

Brush teeth lots and wash face twice a day. Olay oil free lotion + spf 15 sunblock.

Smoke as little as possible.

I cant remember where I read this but, how you sleep can also help attribute to healthy looking skin..Such as sleeping on the sides of your face isn't good for facial bone structure.. Not too entirely sure about this though..

Avoid eating foods that increase your blood sugar level rapidly before bed, because it interferes with your growth hormone production, which can reduce your anti aging hormones..