Do BLACK levi 501 STF's fade

cq45

All jeans fade. All clothes fade. Period. Washed or raw. However, if you're wearing these washed black levi's and then washing them even semi-regularly, all you'll eventually get is a muddy grey pair of jeans. They don't fade as well as raw jeans for a reason but I do have a friend that wore his washed levi's to death and managed to get decent but not beautiful fades.

Do they fade at all? ive been wearing mine for about a year and 6 months and they still look new. i soaked in hot water and theyre not that loose on me but still no fades :confused:

The black stf's haven't even been out 1.5 years. They came out around August I believe? Anyway, they have a white weft so they should fade.

The black stf's haven't even been out 1.5 years. They came out around August I believe? Anyway, they have a white weft so they should fade.

im not sure exactly when i got em but i wear em religiously. they're my 2nd favorite jeans next to my new standards. and i haven't washed em yet. honeycombs and whiskers are they're but no fades. not even a wallet fade ...

If they're all black, I suspect they're overdyed - altho the process has changed over the year (there was also a 501 model which used warp-dyed thread). Hence, the dye works in a completely different way to most jeans and, yes, the dye washes out eventually but doesn't wear out...

if they still look new after 1.5 years, we might want to say no with confidence. btw, weft color doesnt matter. the warp thread dye penetration, and that particular dyes affinity to fading matter only. look at the pbj oo7. the warp and weft are dyed, and they fade beautifully.